Today's Groupon shuttles you to and fro on a Phoenix/Valley Area Highlights Tour with Open Road Tours for $30. This informative introduction to the Valley of the Sun normally costs $59 for adults and $39 for children. Rediscover your area or dazzle out-of-towners with the splendid splendor of Phoenix/Scottsdale.
The Phoenix/Valley Area Highlights Tour provides a well-paced five-hour amble via full-size maxi-van through the historic sights of Phoenix and Scottsdale, including the state capitol, the Biltmore area, Paradise Valley, Wrigley Mansion, and panoramas from Camelback Mountain. You'll also enjoy a one-hour sojourn for shopping and gallery-gawking at Old Town Scottsdale.
The low number of stops allows ample time for your tour guide to give you the insider's skinny on each site's significance, from the historical relevance that continues to shape the city today to the baffling absence of UFO encounters; it also ensures that you won't be hustled back onto the bus before you've even fumbled your camera out of your pocket. The tour will pick you up between noon and 1 p.m. and drop you off again between 5 p.m. and 6 pm. There are no meal stops other than your free time in Old Town, so please eat before you go, bring snacks, and dress comfortably (shorts, homemade ghost costume, etc.).
Far too many Phoenix-area tours devolve into uninformed guides acting out X-Men's celebrated Dark Phoenix Saga in its entirety. While marginally entertaining in their own right, such tours are frustratingly unedifying. Open Road Tours imparts fun facts that will keep the area fresh to residents or enlighten out-of-town guests staying in town for the upcoming release of Avatar.
- This company really believes in customer service!... Our guides on all of our tours were great! They were very informative and fun! – Susan F., Insider Pages
- Our tour guide was a [sic] extremely friendly, an excellent driver & knew everything there is to know about this area & Arizona. – Hinora, TripAdvisor
- The tour guide was outstanding - funny and full of great information. I couldn't have asked for a better trip. – TXTraveler1973, TripAdvisor
On The Road Again
The taste of wanderlust you get from your Open Road Tour might inspire you to have your own road-movie-style cross-country jaunt, just like Bing Crosby & Bob Hope in Road To Misunderstanding With Government of North Korea. What are some famous American roadside landmarks for you to visit on your pilgrimage?
- World’s Largest Ball of Twine With Former Mayor Secretly Trapped Inside
- Birthplace of Mrs. Claus
- Museum of DayGlo-painted Legally Acquired Human Skeletons
- Gertie: the country’s only life-sized fiberglass dinosaur to have come to life and destroyed a paint factory
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
Arizona Tour & Travel
Arizona's landscapes are a vast and rugged place, home to deserts, canyons, and raging rivers. Arizona Tour & Travel helps guests experience this masterpiece of nature firsthand. For more energetic excursions, guides also enable off-road adventures that send visitors through the back-country or rafting the rapids of the Colorado River. On the many tours to choose from, guests may see everything from sweeping views of the Grand Canyon and red rock formations in Sedona to Monument Valley, Navajo tribal lands, and historic ruins.