What You'll Get
Future opera singers are easily identified at birth due to their multi-octave crying and graceful bows as they emerge from the womb. Check out how far these tiny miracles have come with today’s Groupon to see the Opera Idaho perform Amahl & the Night Visitors, performed at the Egyptian Theatre. Choose from the following options:
- For $10, you get one upper-level adult ticket (a $20 value).
- For $17, you get one lower-level adult ticket (a $35 value).
- For $7, you get one upper-level child ticket (a $15 value).
- For $12, you get one lower-level child ticket (a $25 value).
- For $30, you get one upper-level family ticket for parents and children of the same family (a $60 value).
- For $50, you get one lower-level family ticket (a $100 value).
Ever since it premiered on NBC on Christmas Eve 1951, Amahl & the Night Visitors has become one of the most frequently performed holiday operas in the world, far surpassing The Flying Elf Man, Wagner's epic eight-opera cycle chronicling the life of Santa. Boise mezzo-soprano Tiffany Calas stars in the one-act opera, which tells the story of a crippled boy who meets the Magi on their way to visit the birth site of Jesus. Showtimes are at 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 4, and Sunday, Dec. 5, and 7:30 p.m. Dec. 4.
- The heartfelt story addresses ideas of love, faith, suffering and redemption in a very simple way as these people are touched by the divine. – Dana Oland, Idaho Statesman
- The theater has amazing decor, a classic old-style marquis, chandeliers, giant comfy turquoise green seating, and a wonderful stage area. – Emily J., Yelp
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 6, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy multiple as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Valid only for "Amahl and the Night Visitors" on 12/4 or 12/5. $3.50/ticket; $.25/transaction box office charges not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.