The flotation tank gained popularity among pacifists in the 1970s as a peaceful alternative to the dunk tank. Make waves, not war, with today’s Groupon for flotation tank and detoxification services at Optimal Wellness Center in Lakewood. Choose between the following options:
- For $39 you get a flotation tank and detox package (an $80 value). The package includes:
- One 60-minute flotation session (a $50 value)
- Your choice of a 30-minute aroma steam-room session, a 30-minute far infrared sauna session, or a 35-minute footbath-detox session (up to a $30 value)<p>
- For $109, you get a three-session flotation-tank and detox package (a $240 value). The package includes:
- Three 60-minute flotation sessions (a $50 value each)
- Your choice of three 30-minute aroma steam-room sessions, three 30-minute far infrared sauna sessions, or three 35-minute footbath-detox sessions (up to a $30 value each)
The wellness specialists at Optimal Wellness Center, which opened its doors in 1996, soothe bodies and minds with flotation-tank sessions and banish toxins with a steam room, infrared saunas, and ionic footbaths. In the flotation tank, a dark, quiet retreat about the size of a twin bed, hard-working senses get a rest as detoxifying epsom-salted water buoys tranquil bodies. Clients can close the tank’s doors for total darkness or leave them open to send out doves in search of dry land.
After the flotation session, clients can relax in the private aromatherapy steam room as warm, fragrant mist soothes away cares, moisturizes skin, and stimulates natural detoxification. In the well-lit, wooden sauna, infrared energy eases pains, dispels toxins, and prepares clients to join the Fantastic Four. Feet unwind in a round copper bath as highly charged ions from the Optimum energetic detox footbath flow through bodies, incarcerating formerly free radicals and banishing toxins.
Optimal Wellness Center
Optimal Wellness Center helps transform bodies from the inside out through holistic health services and life coaching. Dr. Keith Jordan leads a dynamic group of physicians and practitioners that restore balance and build strong bodies through an extensive slate of old world and modern health services. Traditional reiki and acupuncture treatment hold sway with advanced body therapies such as flotation tanks, far infrared saunas, and the center’s in-house brand of raw foods and juices.