Like a velvet suit, a grape is classiest when crushed. Sip opulent squeezes with this Groupon.
Choose Between the Following Options:
$49 for wine and cheese tasting for two (a $99 total value)
- Barrel tasting for two with six samples each (a $44 value)
- Two souvenir 23-ounce Bordeaux logo tasting glasses (a $20 value)
- One gourmet cheese platter (a $20 value)
- Bottled wine tasting for two with three samples each (a $15 value)
$59 for wine and cheese tasting for two with a take-home bottle of wine (a $128 total value)
- Includes the above package, plus a take-home bottle of wine (up to a $29 value). Customers can also choose to purchase a more expensive variety and simply pay the difference.
Performed in an exclusive semi-private setting of a 100-barrel cellar, the tasting includes samples of six wines, which guests can swirl within a large Bordeaux-style glass whose ample bowl allows each wine's aromas to mingle. The wine samples are taken directly from the wine oak barrels. Between sips, the host will impart information about the varieties they are sampling, wine tasting, and encourages discussion of subtle flavors. Additionally, the winemaker will personally select samples of gourmet cheeses intended to pair with the wines. After the barrel tasting, guests can go to the bar to sample three bottled wines.
Orange Coast Winery
At this self-described urban microwinery, vintners crush, age, and bottle their own vintages using local California grapes. Inside its capacious cellars, juices from grapes grown in regions such as Paso Robles, Napa, and Sonoma age in oak barrels. The resulting vintages are available for purchase onsite, online, or through a nearby genie, and also fill glasses Thursday–Sunday in the attached tasting room. There, patrons can meander through rows of barrels, stop to rest their glass on a granite-topped bar, and on nicer days, catch a salt-sprinkled breeze through the open warehouse door.