In much of the world, soccer is known as "football" and the American president is referred to as "The Ameriking." Embrace cultural differences without using your hands with today's Groupon: for $5, you get one general-admission ticket to an Orange County Waves professional women's soccer match (a $10 value for adults) at Orange Coast College. Choose from the following games:
- Against the Los Angeles Premier FC on Saturday, June 4, at 6 p.m.
- Against the Ajax America Women on Saturday, June 11, at 6 p.m.
- Against the Claremont Stars on Saturday, June 18, at 6 p.m.
- Against the San Diego SeaLions on Saturday, June 25, at 6 p.m.
- Against the California Storm on Saturday, July 2, at 6 p.m.
- Against the Bay Area Breeze on Sunday, July 3, at 6 p.m.
Children of ages 12 and under can attend the June 4 home opener for free.
A member of the Pacific South Division of the professional Women's Premier Soccer League, the Orange County Waves bend shots and minds with deft footwork in pursuit of Southern California soccer glory. Pump clenched feet in support of the squad at one of six home games played at the 7,000-person-capacity Orange Coast College Stadium in Costa Mesa. Coaches Abner Rogers, a 2010 inductee to the United States Amateur Soccer Association Hall of Fame, and Brian Boswell lead a roster that, while not yet finalized, already sizzles with championship-caliber talent. The WPSL General Draft's 14th-overall selection, Brittany Klein, brings with her a resumé that includes a game-winning goal versus England for the U-23 National team, a feat now regarded as an exclamation point on the American Revolution. Katrin Omarsdottir, a recent addition from Iceland, has already impressed fans with her skill and by quickly adapting to not playing soccer on skates.