What You'll Get
Fish tales—one of the world’s oldest literary forms—generally involve a determined fisherman, a large sea creature, and a hot-tempered boss dismayed by loose-cannon police work. Spin your own yarns with today's Groupon for a deep-sea fishing trip aboard the Orlando Princess or Canaveral Star II in Cape Canaveral. Choose from the following options:
- For $35, you get a half-day fishing trip for one adult (a $58.58 value).
- For $45, you get a full-day fishing trip for one adult (a $74.55 value).
- For $25, you get a night shark fishing trip for one adult (a $42.60 value).
- For $25, you get a half-day fishing trip for one child (a $47.93 value).
- For $35, you get a full-day fishing trip for one child (a $58.58 value).
- For $20, you get a night shark fishing trip for one child (a $37.28 value).
U.S. Coast Guard-inspected and -certified, the Orlando Princess, an 80-foot catamaran, and Canaveral Star II, an 85-foot party fishing boat, harbor helpful, hint-dropping crew members to help ensure a successful day (or night) at sea. Excursions embark seven days a week to target red snapper, grouper, sea bass, and other fish, and eager anglers are equipped with a fishing license, rod, reel, tackle, bait, and gill-shaped fish whistle. To celebrate hard-fought battles with dorsal-finned foes, adults can consume unlimited beer and voyagers of all ages can sip on unlimited soda, and every trip includes at least one on-board meal. After pulling prized fish aboard, guests can relax on the sun deck or retire to air-conditioned cabins while a cleaning service prepares the catch, which can either be consumed or used to prevent a fireplace mantle from floating away.
Nine TripAdvisors give Orlando Princess and Canaveral Star II deep-sea fishing an average of 3.5 stars:
- I cannot say enogh [sic] about the great time I had today and how nice the crew was on the Orlando Princess. From the moment I arrived at their dockside offic [sic] I was greetd [sic] by a smiling face and it just go t [sic] better from there. –TweezerTweezer, TripAdvisor
- Crew was constantly in motion, attending to each passenger's needs from the novice to the experienced. – grillsem, TripAdvisor
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 8, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1/person, may buy multiple as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required. Must be 4 or older; under 18 must be accompanied by guardian. Shark trips valid through October. Kids tickets valid for ages 4-17. Subject to weather. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Orlando Princess
Sister ships Orlando Princess and Canaveral Star II disembark from Cape Canaveral for daily fishing trips. The 80- and 85-foot vessels set sail with an experienced crewmember and soon-to-be seafarers equipped with fishing licenses, rods, reels, tackle, and bait. Full- and half-day excursions let fisherpeople hunt for mangrove snapper, grouper, and sea bass, and nighttime shark-fishing trips give them the opportunity to seek out bigger game. After catching a respectable haul, patrons can relax on the sun deck or in air-conditioned cabins and indulge in included hot meals. They'll also get unlimited beer or soda that tastes better than seawater, which is mostly made up of mermaid spit.