Fish tales—one of the world’s oldest literary forms—generally involve a determined fisherman, a large sea creature, and a hot-tempered boss dismayed by loose-cannon police work. Spin your own yarns with today's Groupon for a deep-sea fishing trip aboard the Orlando Princess or Canaveral Star II in Cape Canaveral. Choose from the following options:
- For $35, you get a half-day fishing trip for one adult (a $58.58 value).
- For $45, you get a full-day fishing trip for one adult (a $74.55 value).
- For $25, you get a night shark fishing trip for one adult (a $42.60 value).
- For $25, you get a half-day fishing trip for one child (a $47.93 value).
- For $35, you get a full-day fishing trip for one child (a $58.58 value).
- For $20, you get a night shark fishing trip for one child (a $37.28 value).
U.S. Coast Guard-inspected and -certified, the Orlando Princess, an 80-foot catamaran, and Canaveral Star II, an 85-foot party fishing boat, harbor helpful, hint-dropping crew members to help ensure a successful day (or night) at sea. Excursions embark seven days a week to target red snapper, grouper, sea bass, and other fish, and eager anglers are equipped with a fishing license, rod, reel, tackle, bait, and gill-shaped fish whistle. To celebrate hard-fought battles with dorsal-finned foes, adults can consume unlimited beer and voyagers of all ages can sip on unlimited soda, and every trip includes at least one on-board meal. After pulling prized fish aboard, guests can relax on the sun deck or retire to air-conditioned cabins while a cleaning service prepares the catch, which can either be consumed or used to prevent a fireplace mantle from floating away.
Nine TripAdvisors give Orlando Princess and Canaveral Star II deep-sea fishing an average of 3.5 stars:
- I cannot say enogh [sic] about the great time I had today and how nice the crew was on the Orlando Princess. From the moment I arrived at their dockside offic [sic] I was greetd [sic] by a smiling face and it just go t [sic] better from there. –TweezerTweezer, TripAdvisor
- Crew was constantly in motion, attending to each passenger's needs from the novice to the experienced. – grillsem, TripAdvisor
Sister ships Orlando Princess and Canaveral Star II disembark from Cape Canaveral for daily fishing trips. The 80- and 85-foot vessels set sail with an experienced crewmember and soon-to-be seafarers equipped with fishing licenses, rods, reels, tackle, and bait. Full- and half-day excursions let fisherpeople hunt for mangrove snapper, grouper, and sea bass, and nighttime shark-fishing trips give them the opportunity to seek out bigger game. After catching a respectable haul, patrons can relax on the sun deck or in air-conditioned cabins and indulge in included hot meals. They'll also get unlimited beer or soda that tastes better than seawater, which is mostly made up of mermaid spit.
Cocoa Beach-Cape Canaveral
650 Glen Cheek Dr.
Cape Canaveral, Florida 32920