Veteran skippers welcome tourists onto vessels and guarantee encounters with underwater giants during whale-watching tours
About This Deal
- Tours depart from Orcas Island and run from March 1 through the end of November or from Anacortes and run from March 1 through the end of November. Boats ferry passengers out to oceanic playgrounds where encounters with orcas, humpbacks, grey whales, and other majestic sea creatures are promised by the company’s whale-sighting guarantee.
- Departure time: By appointment
- Departure location: 2201 Skyline Way, Anacortes or 54 Hunt Road
- When bringing children under 2, customers must call the office at (360) 376-3711 to notify staff.
- What to bring: warm layers, food, and drink, sunscreen and sunglasses, binoculars.
Need To Know
About Outer Island Expeditions
Outer Island Expeditions' fleet of kayaks and boats safely cruises at speeds of up to 50 miles per hour through frothy crests ebbing amid the striking sights and wildlife of the San Juan islands. Venturing as far as 50 miles into Canadian waters, whale-watching excursions foster personal rapport between patrons and boat-side orcas, gray whales, or humpback whales trying to learn human etiquette for future espionage missions. Fishing charters set sail in search of ocean creatures and potable saltwater. Kayak tours explore the scenic north shore of Orcas Island and the beautiful wildlife haven that is Sucia Island State Park. Powerboat tours depart from either Smuggler's Villa Resort on Orcas Island or Skyline Marine Center in Anacortes, WA.