Eating traditional Greek fare can help forge a connection to ancient civilizations without wearing a toga to work or hiding your office softball team inside a giant wooden horse. Enjoy the epicurean experience with today’s Groupon to Ovelia in Astoria. Choose between the following options:
- For $35, you get dinner for two (up to an $88 value) that includes:
- One cold or hot meze (up to a $16 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $28 value each)
Two desserts (up to an $8 value each)
- For $65, you get dinner for four (up to a $176 value) that includes:
- Two cold or hot mezes (up to a $16 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $28 value each)
- Four desserts (up to an $8 value each)
Ovelia’s chef puts a modern spin on traditional Greek cuisine, packing the dinner menu with mezes—small plates shared tapas-style—and a spate of specialty Greek entrees. Dining compadres can begin the meal with a dish of kafteri, spicy peppers sautéed and mixed with crumbled feta, or a hot dish of kalamari, baked stuffed clams, or keftedakia, pan-fried lamb and beef meatballs. Vegetarian options such as the meatless moussaka, a casserole concoction of potato, eggplant, zucchini and tomato sauce, let herbivorous patrons sate their stomachs without nibbling on the table centerpiece. Seafood, lamb, and pork entrees also abound. For the final course, dig into a banana-Nutella crêpe, baklava, or apple-crumb pie to excavate sweet dessert fillings and buried pirate candy.
34-01 30th Ave.
Astoria, New York 11103