- No limit per person
- Eight fields on 75 acres
- Buy multiple Groupons and bring friends and co-workers
- Most established paintball park in Atlanta—22 years old
All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Have some fun with your friends by recreationally hunting other humans (a sport made popular by Mel Brooks's Blazing Saddles) with today's Groupon: a day of paintballing at Paintball Atlanta. For just $20, you get entry, a safety orientation, rental equipment (gun, full face mask/goggles, air, field fee), all session gas, and 300 paintballs—58% off the normal $48 cost. Fulfill fantasies of expertly evading crossfire as you infiltrate enemy territory and annihilate the opposition faster than Reverend Johnson threatens to leave the town after discovering that the sheriff has been murdered. Or just spatter strangers with neon splotches. Paintball Atlanta is designed with novices and expert players in mind, so you don't need years of mercenary-training or a Blu-ray copy of Blazing Saddles to try it out.
Paintball Atlanta is located about a half hour's drive from downtown Atlanta in Alpharetta and 576 miles away from Rock Ridge, the fictitious town in Blazing Saddles (click here for directions). Come as a lone assassin, or buy multiple Groupons for a day of paintballin' fun with your friends. The 75-acre park is the largest in the whole Southeast and contains eight different playing fields. Different game options include hyperball (play in the pipes with a center rocket and two long, low structures called snakes), speedball, lego (lots of angles and fast action—look out for the snake), mounts (run around in the dirt), and more. Paintball Atlanta is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sundays.
Founded 22 years ago, Paintball Atlanta is the longest-tenured paintball park in Atlanta and prides itself on safety just as much as Sheriff Bart or Lili Von Shtupp pride themselves on being characters in Blazing Saddles, which is why your Groupon includes a safety orientation by staff referees. The minimum age to play is 11, but that doesn't mean you have to act like an adult. There's no purchase limit per person, and fields can accommodate up to 400 players—exactly the number needed to reenact the final battle in Blazing Saddles. Or spend all day building their trust and confidence before spattering them in the back like the famous campfire scene from Blazing Saddles. Like Hedley Lamarr said in the DVD copy of Blazing Saddles on DVD, "I want you to round up every vicious criminal and gunslinger in the West."
Two Yelpers give Paintball Atlanta a perfect five stars. Reviewers on the paintball fan site pbreview.com say Paintball Atlanta's referees know how to lay down the law, but their paint can be costly (due to the top-quality fields and location). But with the 300 rounds you get with this Groupon, you won't have to cash out to keep safe. Here are some of their e-thoughts:
- My overall opinion of paintball atlanta is really good. – bricelikesrice2, pbreview.com
- I think Paintball Atlanta deserves a 9 out of 10...Beyond all of those prices, they have excellent fields... they also have a woods ball field, and have standard games as well as capture the flag. – Jay18, pbreview.com
- I love, love, LOVE paintball! I highly recommend everyone to try out paintball. It's a bit scary if you've never done it before, but seriously, worth it. – Fat Girl In The A., Yelp
Paintball Reviews from Blazing Saddles Characters
Blazing Saddles characters absolutely love playing paintball:
- Paintball is better than tennis, that much I know. – Hedley Lamarr
- Playing paintball gives me an identical rush to that time I spilled coffee on my trousers and didn't wash it off for weeks. – Taggart
- Oh man, paintball. So much fun. Paintball. It's really great. Shooting. Wearing masks. Getting hit. Driving ATVs without seatbelts. Filling paintballs with grape juice. Trying to wash the grape juice out of your clothes after accidentally loading an opponents weapon with the wrong paintballs. Swearing really loud. Paintball. – Lili Von Shtupp
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 14, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Must make reservation. Any additional paintballs must be purchased at field from Paintball Atlanta. Minimum Age 11. Field Hours Sat. 9-5, Sun. 10-5. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.