Golf club designers often consult aerospace engineers to fulfill dreams of experimental-alloy drivers and converting the solar system into a nine-hole executive course. Take your game to the next frontier with today’s Groupon to Painted Dunes Desert Golf Course. Choose from the following options:
- For $42, you get a golf outing for two (up to a $105 value), which includes:
- 18-hole round of golf for two including cart rental (up to an $88 value)
- Two entrees, both served with fries and a drink (up to a $17 value), at the Diecinueve Bar & Grill
- For $2, you get a bucket of driving-range balls (a $5 value).
- For $7, you get a punch card for three buckets of driving-range balls (a $15 value).
- For $12, you get a punch card for five buckets of driving-range balls (a $25 value).<p>
Sculpted through the rising red crags surrounding the Chihuahuan Desert, Painted Dunes Desert Golf Course’s 27-hole course layout challenges golfers with rolling terrain and treacherously sloped greens. Those hoping to groom their golf swing can do so with one, three, or five driving-range buckets—which brim with approximately 50 balls each—to use at the adjacent driving range, which cushions practice balls atop overseeded natural grass that emulates course conditions and tempts hungry golfers to graze indulgently . A more trying golf odyssey awaits at the course, where twosomes traverse two of three pristine nine-hole courses, each one billed by Texas Outside as a scenic labyrinth of native cacti, mesquite, creosote bushes, and mormon tea plants. After the round, players can replenish at the Diecinueve Bar & Grill with a meal of classic fare such as the Dunes burger or chicken tenders, all served with fries and a drink. The grill is designed with indoor seating for post-round relaxation as well as an outdoor patio, which overlooks the course and choreographed tumbleweed performances once an hour.
Painted Dunes Desert Golf Course’s rates fluctuate throughout the day and week.