All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed August 29, 2012
Reviewed February 15, 2012
· Reviewed December 6, 2017
What You'll Get
For $6, today's side deal gets you one admission to the Palm Springs Air Museum near the Palm Springs International Airport (up to a $14 value). Palm Springs Air Museum delights minds with its collection of World War II aircraft and a plethora of educational tidbits. The museum houses one of the country's largest collections of World War II planes, along with original combat photography, a documentary theater, and World War II uniforms and memorabilia. Get close enough to touch a Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress in the open display areas, learn the aeronautic ins and aeronautic outs of a Douglas A4 Skyhawk with a knowledgeable museum guide, or browse a library of more than 8,500 volumes of aviation and World War II history. The air museum also takes a plane for a test-fly on most Saturdays, giving patrons an opportunity to see the winged warriors in action.
- Not only are the planes amazing but so are the many volunteers who help bring history to life. A veteran pilot from WWII spent time with us to share stories. This was a great experience! – Aaron G., Yelp
- Really excellent, outgoing docents - all guys who've got hands-on experience with the machines. Patient. Good story-tellers. Highly knowledgeable. – skagittraveler, TripAdvisor
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 1, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 4 per person, may buy multiple as gifts. Must use in 1 visit, no cash back. Not valid with other offers. Free admission for children 5 and under. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Palm Springs Air Museum
There are no ropes at the Palm Springs Air Museum—all the better to get close to one of the world's largest collections of operational World War II-era aircraft, plus a formidable range of Korean and Vietnam-era aircraft and exhibits that round out the collection.
- Size: four air-conditioned hangars totaling 86,000 s. ft, where 59+ flying and static aircraft are on display, ranging from WWII to Korea and Vietnam jets and helicopters, plus traveling exhibits.
- From the Press: CNN Travel named this one of the World's 14 Best Aviation Museums.
- Permanent Mainstay: Vintage Warbirds, Korea and Vietnam aircraft, a documentary theater, and a library with 9,500 volumes.
- Don't Miss: Conversing with the museum docents—many of them served in World War II and other conflicts.
- Hidden Gem: Tuskegee Airmen Mural and the Education Center upstairs.
- Hands-On Activity: flight simulators upstairs and the interactive kids area.
- Special Programs: flight exhibitions and Saturday programs.
- Pro Tip: Go ahead and bring your dog—the museum welcomes friendly pets.