Without steak, most Americans wouldn’t be able to justify owning such terrifyingly sharp steak knives, much less an entire rack of steak guns. Test serrated edges with today’s Groupon to Parker’s on Ponce in Decatur. Choose from the following options:
- For $38, you get a steak-house dinner for two (up to an $85 value). The dinner includes the following:
- One appetizer (up to a $14 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $28 value each)
Two glasses of house wine (up to a $7.50 value each)<p>
- For $68, you get a steak-house dinner for four (up to a $170 value). The dinner includes the following:
- Two appetizers (up to a $14 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $28 value each)
- Four glasses of house wine (up to a $7.50 value each)<p>
Patrons may pay the difference for entree orders exceeding $28.
Kissed by the twinkle of flickering fireplaces, Parker’s on Ponce’s menu fills patrons’ brains with thoughts of juicy steaks, finely woven pastas, and fresh seafood. Launch an epicurean excursion with one or two of the restaurant’s elegant starters, such as the Maryland-style crab cake, dressed in a charred tomato rémoulade, or blue-cheese-stuffed dates, whose bacon-wrapped exteriors offer protection against acidic balsamic glaze and the piercing stares of enamored forks. Entrees include a 14-ounce new york strip steak and a grilled flat-iron steak that’s accompanied by pancetta-laced mac ‘n’ cheese. Creamy grits lay the foundation for one of Parker’s nonbeef main dishes, where shrimp and andouille sausage lounge like lazy farmers next to corn and bell peppers. Toast to tastiness with a glass of house wine, specially trained to not spill on crisp white tablecloths.
Two food-smitten brothers own and oversee this romantic, yet casual steak house, which resides in historic Decatur just a 4-mile frisbee toss from downtown Atlanta. Rich wood detailing and lofty stone walls enhance the restaurant’s warm, three-room environment, and live jazz dances through the aromatic air on Tuesday and Thursday.
116 E Ponce De Leon Ave.
Decatur, Georgia 30030