What You'll Get
While the world's bees are busy staving off invasions of varroa mites and colony collapse, today's deal will make sure you don't have to suffer a shortage of sweet-smelling candle wax. For $6, you'll get one regularly priced 100% vegetable-based soy-wax candle from Paul Robinett (a $13 value). Your Groupon is good for both in-store and online.
Since the Internet remains frustratingly odorless, here's a handy guide to picking out a scent: First, go through the list of 70 aromatherapy candles. Read the name of the candle, and then imagine the opposite of that scent. The candle will probably smell like the opposite of what you're now imagining. A good place to start would be the top 10 list. If you prefer a more nose-on shopping experience, head to the Paul Robinett Aromatherapy Candle Shop in the heart of the Short North Arts District.
Each candle is hand-poured one at a time using potent perfume-grade fragrance oils. Capture youth in a bottle with the soothing scents of baby powder or enliven your senses with a decaf blast of coffee. Among the other countless (but most likely countable) scents include cilantro, pomegranate, and leather. Each 8-ounce candle burns for 60 hours, or one standard metric Final Fantasy role-playing game. There is no restriction on the number of Groupons you can buy, so pick up a few to give each room in your house a different olfactory flavor.
Shipping and handling not covered for online purchases.
- These candles are addicting! It's crazy that Columbus is home to Paul's candles- I see them everywhere! So many fragrances, and they burn so clean and strong! I LOVE them! – Anonymous, Insider Pages
- These candles are unbelievable. The store is so chic and every thing they sell is amazing. The candles last forever, and the Mango candle is the best buy in the whole place. Try one! – Sabrina L., Insider Pages
- I LOVE this place. Tucked away in the short north, it offers the BEST smelling cancdles [sic] I have ever experienced. The walls are COVERED with them, and every person you see shopping there is walking around smelling all of them. They have tons of free smells! LOL! The candles I have bought from here have lasted FOREVER as well! Very nice! – Meghan A., Insider Pages
Paul Robinett does not resort to the base instincts of some candlemakers out there, who have tried to drum up business with foul-smelling “revenge candles” used to irritate coworkers, drive out unwanted roommates, or distract museum guards during a daring and cumbersome statue heist. What are some popular scents available in this spiteful candle market?
- Gymnasium Rafters
- Last Northbound Bus of the Night
- Trout Inside-Out
- Your Verbally Abusive Bassoon Instructor’s Cologne
- Museum Fire
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 14, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Not valid with other offers. Shipping and handling not included. Allow 48 hrs after receipt before redeeming on website. Local and state taxes apply as normal for online purchases. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.