Getting out of the house is often hampered by the fact that most houses are located inside a bigger and fancier house. Step outside the house outside your house with today’s Groupon to the Metropolitan Cooking & Entertaining Show on Saturday, November 5 or Sunday, November 6 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. Choose from the following options:
- For $36, you get one ticket to see Paula Deen on November 5 at 1:30 p.m. (a $73 value, including the $8 ticket fee).
- For $36, you get one ticket to see Paula Deen on November 6 at 1:30 p.m. (a $73 value, including the $8 ticket fee).
- For $36, you get one ticket to see Guy Fieri on November 5 at 4 p.m. (a $73 value, including the $8 ticket fee).
- For $36, you get one ticket to see Giada de Laurentiis on November 6 at 11 a.m. (a $73 value, including the $8 ticket fee).
- For $36, you get one ticket to see Giada de Laurentiis on November 6 at 3:30 p.m. (a $73 value, including the $8 ticket fee).
- For $41, you get one ticket to see Jacques Pépin on November 5 at 5:30 p.m. (an $82.50 value, including the $8 ticket fee).<p>
Seating is subject to availability, so customers should arrive early for best selection. Customers who purchase tickets to see a celebrity chef also receive complimentary general admission to the rest of the event on the same day. The expo runs from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.
Boasting a full line-up of presenters and more than 300 exhibitors, The Metropolitan Cooking & Entertaining Show enlightens visitors on the latest culinary trends as demonstrated by celebrity chefs ranging from Food Network personality Paula Deen to French culinary master Jacques Pépin. Learn the ins and outs of traditional Southern cooking from Paula, who has authored more than 10 cookbooks and publishes a culinary-focused magazine. The energetic chef and restaurateur will interact with the audience and divulge kitchen-taming secrets, such as how to slice a stick of butter without making it squeal.
Meanwhile, culinary rock star Guy Fieri makes mouths water with his colorful approach to hearty, all-American meals, as Everyday Italian host Giada de Laurentiis shares fresh and savory recipes using traditional Italian techniques. With 25 cookbooks and nine public television series under his well-starched belt, Jacques Pépin brings his daughter Claudine onstage for an exploration of French cuisine, flavorful wines, and the best way to hide a cake under a chef’s hat.
While perusing a bevy of booths and thrilling taste buds with an eclectic assortment of samples, guests can witness live 45-minute cooking demonstrations by James Beard–award-winning and -nominated chefs. Events and workshops throughout the weekend educate show-goers on a vast array of gastronomic topics such as cooking with beef and pairing wine with food. Visitors leave with improved culinary know-how, a full stomach, and the ability to grill a steak to a perfect medium-rare with a single menacing glance.