Comfort food garbs your tongue in luxurious velveteen knickerbockers of flavor, as opposed to discomfort food, which clings to the face like an overly tight ascot. Avoid the embarrassment of culinary crampers with today's Groupon to Peg’s Cafe. Choose between the following options:
- For $11, you get breakfast for two (up to a $23 value). The meal includes:
- Two breakfast entrees (up to a $9.50 value each)
- Two small juices or Kawa coffees (up to a $2.00 value each)
- For $15, you get lunch for two (up to a $32.49 value). The meal includes:
- One appetizer (up to an $8.99 value)
- Two lunch or breakfast entrees (up to a $9.50 value each)
- Two soft drinks or juices (up to a $2.25 value each)
Peg Wangler devotes her cozy café’s menu to fresh American fare prepared with locally sourced ingredients when possible, sating hungry hoards within an eatery showcasing masterpieces from local artists. Scrambled eggs, roasted red peppers, mushrooms, ham, and bacon comprise the Bird’s Nest, a platter that takes its name from a popular hairstyle in the 1980s. A steaming mug of Kawa coffee washes down a make-your-own omelet, or a chalice of one of the many offered fruit juices accompany bites of texas french toast.
Cream cheese-filled filet poppers and crab meat-stuffed shrimp—appetizers on the lunch menu—both find themselves wrapped in bacon and grilled until they reveal the whereabouts of top-secret recipes. Sandwiches abound, with patties of grilled chicken breasts on buns beneath canopies of lettuce. Wangler also tongs together eight salad entrees that range from the classic apple-and-walnut speckled waldorf to a tuna salad that's gussied up with cottage cheese.