All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
With the holiday season comes a bevy of cherished traditions such as dunking stockings in hot chocolate and bribing wassailers with candy canes before they eggnog your house. Partake in another treasured custom with today’s Groupon to the Peninsula Ballet Theatre's production of The Nutcracker at the San Mateo Performing Arts Center, which boasts ample free parking. Choose from the following seating levels:
- For $24, you get one ticket in section 3 (up to a $40 value).
- For $18, you get one ticket in sections 2 or 4 (up to a $30 value).
Choose from the following performances:
- Saturday, December 11 at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, December 12 at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, December 18 at 4 p.m.
- Sunday, December 19 at 2 p.m.
Peninsula Ballet Theatre’s choreographer Bruce Steivel brings Tchaikovsky’s perennial holiday fantasia to glittering life with a full symphonic orchestra, sumptuous set pieces, and their talented pack of local and international dancers. Eschewing the gratuitous modern-day updates and excessive auto-tuning that mar so many Nutcracker adaptations, Steivel and company keep the cavalcade of mouse monarchs, toy soldiers, and sugar plum fairies traditional and timeless. By the time Clara and her prince are crowned rulers and shown their enormous beehive of riches, even the grinchiest audience member will want to dance through the stage’s shimmering wonderland—and can do so after the show, where they’ll get a chance to chat with their favorite performers and characters.
The Daily Journal reviewed the Peninsula Ballet Theatre’s 2008 performance. Three Yelpers give the Peninsula Ballet Theatre an average rating of three stars and two Yahoo! Locals give it a perfect five-star rating:
- …the sets and costumes are colorful and beautiful, as is the immortal ballet music of Peter Tchaikovsky. I have been hearing the music from this ballet for at least 60 years. I doubt I will ever tire of it or the beauty of the entire “Nutcracker” staging. – Keith Kreitman, Daily Journal
- The biggest plus is the orchestra. They work wonders in the acoustical space they are given. For the price it is a treat to have such beautiful music. – y-vone-e l., Yelp
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Valid only for date and option purchased. Must pick up tickets at least 48 hours prior to performance or $5 surcharge is added. No resale. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.