Without bicycles, no one would ever have a reason to tour France, wheelies would forever go unpopped, and spandex shorts would only be worn on heads during bank heists. Celebrate the bike's contributions to society with today's Groupon: for $25, you get a basic bicycle maintenance and repair class at Penn Cycle & Fitness (a $49.99 value), redeemable at either the Woodbury or Eagan locations. Times for all classes are 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Choose from the following dates and locations:
- Monday, March 21 at the Woodbury location
- Tuesday, March 22 at the Woodbury location
- Wednesday, March 23 at the Eagan location
- Thursday, March 24 at the Eagan location
- Monday, March 28 at the Woodbury location
- Tuesday, March 29 at the Woodbury location
- Wednesday, March 30 at the Eagan location
- Thursday, March 31 at the Eagan location
Named Best Family Bike Shop of 2008 by Bicycle Retailer & Industry News, Penn Cycle & Fitness has equipped and instructed pedal pushers on the whys and hows of two-wheeled transportation for more than 50 years. During Penn Cycle's 90-minute basic maintenance and repair classes, knowledgeable instructors acquaint students with the fundamentals of caring for their two-wheeled friends, including how to change a flat tire, how to lubricate the vehicle properly, and how to select a vice-president collector card to put in the spokes.
The pedaling pooh-bahs also walk you through the mechanics of adjusting brakes, gears, and all bearing surfaces and impart helpful tips for troubleshooting and thwarting insect martyrs. This class is open to novices, and everyone who participates gets a 10% discount on parts, accessories, and tools available for purchase in the store on the day of the class. Class size is limited to 35 people.
- This place is the best! I just bought my second bike from these guys because they are so helpful and friendly...and great sale price! – Veronica A., Yelp, 9/5/10
- The one time I brought something in and had them fix, I was lucky enough that it was quick and could be done right in front of me. They explained some things, and I think in the future I will be able to avoid the problem or fix it myself. Again, seemingly putting my interests ahead of theirs. – Ralph M., Yelp, 7/14/10
Penn Cycle and Fitness
Named one of 2012's top 100 five-star bicycle retailers in the United States by Bicycle Retailer and Industry News, Penn Cycle and Fitness has helped its customers enjoy smooth cycling for more than 57 years. From spare parts to automobile racks, the shop carries a large assortment of bike-riding gear for casual and serious excursions, while also offering repairs. During repair classes, the staff imparts its knowledge of bicycle mechanics onto pupils, who walk away from the 90-minute sessions with the ability to adjust brakes, fix faulty chains, and provide other other helpful bike-related tips to make sure you learn how to take great care of your bike.