Spring training allows baseball managers to see if young players can blossom, which is why rookies must always field ground balls among activated lawn sprinklers. Watch budding stickball stars germinate with today's Groupon to a Major League Baseball spring training game at Peoria Sports Complex.
Choose between the following two seats:
- For $19, you get two upper box seats (a $38 value).
- For $17, you get two outfield box seats (a $34 value).
Choose between the following two games:
- San Diego Padres vs. Cincinnati Reds, on Wednesday, March 23 at 1:05 p.m.
- Seattle Mariners vs. Kansas City Royals, on Thursday, March 24 at 1:05 p.m.
A spring host to the San Diego Padres and the Seattle Mariners, Peoria Sports Complex consists of 145 acres hosting 12 full-size practice fields, 8 covered major-league hitting tunnels, and a full main stadium seating more than 11,000 people in traditional capacity. Fans can potentially watch American League Gold Glove winner Ichiro Suzuki or San Diego's slugger Orlando Hudson sling pine at speeding orbs, sending them into the air without cashing in the ball's hard-earned flyer miles. Feel free to perch yourself in the stadium's full-view upper box seats as the uniformed strongmen battle, or get close to the outer grass in the outfield box seats, which allow attendees to share constructive criticism and caramel green-bean recipes with opposing team outfielders.
Twenty-four Yelpers give Peoria Sports Complex a near-perfect 4.5-star average rating:
*The facility is great for seeing a game - I don't think you can find a seat with a bad view of the action. – Shannon M., Yelp, 3/22/10
- Cheap food cheap and cold and plentiful beer, and good baseball, whats not to like !!? – Chris B., Yelp, 6/20/10