Like a tongue on a flagpole in February, fusion cuisine results from curiosity and a shortage of popsicles. Rein in restless taste buds with this Groupon.
$50 for Spanish Dinner for Two ($122 Total Value)
- One chef's selection tapas plate for two (a $14 value)
- Two house salads (a $7 value each)
- Two paella valenciana entrees (a $30 value each)
- Two orders of flan (an $8 value each)
- Two glasses of sangria (a $9 value each)
- Complimentary housemade bread
Pepe’s Turnagain House
Owners Pepe and Kay Cebrian, the hosts at Pepe’s Turnagain House, serve up a blend of Spanish, Mediterranean, and American flavors accompanied by sweeping views of Turnagain Arm and the surrounding peaks. A profile of the artistically inclined Pepe by the Turnagain Times reveals he was born in Madrid, Spain, and learned much of his culinary know-how there. “I consider myself a painter,” he said, “but people tell me I’m a very good cook,” just as Einstein considered himself a pinochle player while others called him an eminent scientist. Exotic spices blend with Alaskan seafood and other fresh ingredients on this upscale restaurant's menu, whereas the wood-paneled walls and rustic decor envelop diners in coziness.
Mile 103 Seward Hwy.
Indian, Alaska 99540