What You'll Get
A philosopher once called theater “the mask of convention over the face of society in the mirror of the unknown reflecting the rear-view of the sports car of destiny.” Simplify this theory with today’s theatrical Groupon, which gets you tickets to five preview performances at Performance Network Theatre in downtown Ann Arbor, including The War Since Eve, The Piano Lesson, Circle Mirror Transformation, Marie Antoinette: The Color of Flesh, and TBA: Worth the Wait, an unannounced production of a newly available play. Today's deal lets you pick from two levels of seating: premium seating (rows A–D and center aisle pairs) and standard seating (everywhere else). Choose from the following eight options:
- For $52, you get standard seats for Thursday performances (a $110 value).
- For $52, you get standard seats for Friday performances (a $110 value).
- For $52, you get standard seats for Sunday performances (a $110 value).
- For $57, you get premium seats for Thursday performances (a $120 value).
- For $57, you get premium seats for Friday performances (a $120 value).
- For $57, you get premium seats for Sunday performances (a $120 value).
- For $72, you get standard seats for Saturday performances (a $150 value).
- For $75, you get premium seats for Saturday performances (a $160 value).
Selected Best Live Theatre Venue by the readers of the Current in 2009, Performance Network Theatre presents an eclectic combination of productions each season as it nurtures artists and cultivates audience enthusiasm for the stage. Tune out real-world concerns such as taxes, work, and man-eating grasshoppers as you immerse yourself in the action of five blockbuster productions, from the world-premiere comedy The War Since Eve (previews January 14–20) to the Pulitzer-winning drama The Piano Lesson(previews March 4–10). Circle Mirror Transformation (previews April 22–28) illuminates the comic goings on of a New England drama class, while Marie Antoinette: The Color of Flesh (previews July 29–August 4) takes a fictionalized look at the love life of history's most permissive dietitian. All performances take place in the theater's intimate, 139-seat performance space.
- consistently interesting, fun, and provocative - the Network is your best bet (and your best ticket buy) around. - shoshana481, CityVoter
- The Network provides uncompromising artistic leadership in the region and produces works that engage, challenge and inspire audiences and artists. – BWW News Desk, BroadwayWorld
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 4, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Valid only for day of week and seating area purchased. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.