Today's side deal gets you the kind of workout that's bound to catch on with celebrities, politicians, and middle management. Don't follow the trend—start it with today's Groupon to The Indigo Challenge. Personal Peak Fitness and Indigo Studio combine forces to bring you this 75-minute boot camp workout that fuses the meditative calm of yoga and the fat-burning, muscle-building sweatiness of kettlebell boot camp. The normal drop-in rate for boot camp classes is $30 per class, but today's Groupon gets you three sweat-inducing, stress-reducing full-body workouts for $40—that's less than 18 cents per heart-pumping minute. Get your motivationally challenged friends together and motivate each other to get motivated at this motivational class.
Reap the benefits of group training like the X-Men or Menudo. Working out with others motivates you to push yourself harder, helps you stick to a regimen, and gives you the opportunity to bond with new friends over tales of general sweatiness. You'll not only learn what kettlebells are and why you should never drop them off of fire escapes onto passing fruit carts, you'll also learn how these strength-training tools can tone your muscles and boost your heart rate. After you've worked yourself into a slim and slippery frenzy of fitness, you can wind down, clear your head, and stretch with the mindful yoga section of your workout. You'll leave the studio with a peaceful mind and limber body, purged of yoga-hating eyebrow mites and other general discomforts.
Classes are held Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings; click here to see the Indigo Challenge schedule. Once you have your Groupon, call to reserve your spot and mentally prepare for how hot and healthy you'll look this holiday season. Make sure you can attend your scheduled class; if you cancel with less than 24 hours notice, you'll forfeit that class session from your allotment of three. Recruit some fitness friends so you'll have no excuse not to make your health a priority.
- I am hooked! It was such a nice change for me because I fell into a repetitive workout routine...JJ is an awesome instructor and the atmosphere is very welcoming. – Ann L.
- Harris is an excellent motivator and coach...Workouts are never the same. – Scott H.
- Harris...has a great attitude...he's highly knowledgeable about strength training and maintaining a healthy body...a challenging and satisfying work out... – Jamie A.
Yoga is an invaluable tool to incorporate into any workout, but some instruction is recommended, especially to prevent beginners from accidentally stumbling into any of these extremely advanced positions, some of which have consequences well beyond your yoga mat. Learn them well, and then steer clear:
- The Inverted Tortoise: Nationwide power outages, all babies born that day named Jerry, and dogs speak with the voice of trusted news anchors.
- The Downward, Upward-Facing Crane: Triggers a neuro-temporal alignment that will briefly give the practitioner a quantum-entanglement with the building blocks of space-time, causing them to witness the origins of matter, the true nature humanity’s role in the universe, and, finally, to have their intrusion behind the curtain of existence attract the attention of an all-knowing deity called TheOneMother who will punish their impudence by scattering their personality-matrix throughout the chromatic everway, binding them in an epoch of doubtshadows, and causing their roommate, Jeff, to root through all their stuff.
- The Standing Half-Moon Bend: Radiohead breaks up.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.