All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed March 22, 2017
· Reviewed February 17, 2017
· Reviewed February 11, 2017
What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- C$14 for one Groupon, good for $24 worth of Jamaican food for parties of two (C$24 value)
- C$14 for two Groupons, each good for $12 worth of Jamaican food (C$24 value)
- Click to see the menu.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Not valid for Oxtail, Fish Items, or a Dozen Patties. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About PG's Jamaican Takeout
PG's Jamaican Takeout has an unassuming storefront location, but its sign is sure to catch your eye. Modeled after the Jamaican flag, the bold banner hints at the authentic cuisine served within. Learn more about the flavorful Jamaican fare this White Rock restaurant has been cooking since the 1990s:
- Appetizer: Try the spicy jerk chicken wings made with a special hot sauce, or opt for the crispy johnnycakes—fried cornmeal dumplings—which are ideal for dipping.
- Patties: Savory and spicy vegetables, curry chicken, or beef stew is wrapped in roti bread for a portable snack.
- Soups: The pea soup preps taste buds for an authentic Jamaican meal—it combines Caribbean spices with dumplings, pigeon peas, and kidney beans.
- Entrees: Not surprisingly, PG's serves ackee and salt fish, which is Jamaica's national dish. But the menu also features other authentic housemade classics such as elegantly plated oxtail, stewed until tender, and flavorful brown stew fish with peppers, onions, and gravy.
- Drinks: Cool down from spice-filled meals with a beverage made in-house, including sorrel, ginger beer, or flaxseed fruit juice with guava, pineapple, and mango.
- Dessert: Rum cake is one of PG's most decadent desserts. The moist cake is topped with ice cream and strawberries, then drizzled in caramel.