Having a partner turns bouncing a ball into a tennis match, a monologue into a conversation, and a bear attack into a slightly longer bear attack. Experience the power of pairing with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $75 for a two-hour winery and vineyard experience for two (a $160 value)
- $110 for a two-hour winery and vineyard experience for four (a $300 value)
- $150 for a two-hour winery and vineyard experience for six (a $440 value)<p>
The experience includes:
- One-hour vineyard and winery tour
- Barrel tasting of three reserve wines
- Wine flight from five reserve and new-release wines
- Picnic lunch with handmade salads, fresh fruit, and seasonal entrees<p>
Phelps Creek Vineyards’ wine-savvy staff leads groups through the winery, sipping samples from reserve barrels and learning more about the aging process. Groups are then shepherded through the chardonnay and pinot noir plots in the 30-acre vineyard, where they’ll learn about the labor-intensive process of growing and harvesting the grapes. Meandering behind their guide, groups then head to an outdoor picnic spot shaded by old oak trees to nosh on handmade salads, fresh fruit, and seasonal entrees coupled with new-release and reserve wines.
Phelps Creek Vineyards
Atop 30 acres of complex volcanic soils, Robert Morus tends his collection of chardonnay and pinot noir grapes planted against a backdrop of towering, snow-capped mountains. Embracing the labor-intensive process necessary to harvest flavorful grapes, Morus and his staff allow vines to only grow a single grape cluster per shoot. This technique gives each fruity morsel an intense flavor character and prevents grapes from getting overcrowded, jumping off the vine, and joining a troupe of singing raisins. First planted in 1989, the plots now fill sustainably-tended vineyards where visitors can come to learn more about the wine-making process during tours, wine tastings, and other events.