Choose Between Two Options
- $20 for two general admission tickets redeemable from 11/20/14–12/20/14 only (a $40 value)
- $40 for four general admission tickets redeemable from 11/20/14–12/20/14 only (a $80 value)
- See the museum hours
- The above dates coincide with the upcoming exhibit “Paul Strand: Master of Modern Photography,” which is included in admission
Philadelphia Museum of Art
What began as the art gallery for the Centennial Exhibition of 1876 has blossomed into today's Philadelphia Museum of Art. Conceived to celebrate artistic and architectural endeavors from all over the world, the museum inspires visitors to discover the spirit of imagination through a world-renowned collection including works by Picasso and Van Gogh, keeping so much in its permanent collection that only a fraction of it can be displayed.
- Eye Catcher: the oil-on-canvas work Man with a Guitar by Pablo Picasso, a stunning example of his Cubist work.
- Permanent Mainstay: Vincent van Gogh's famed Sunflowers, which may have been the edition of his series of five that hung in the bedroom of Paul Gauguin.
- Don't Miss: Recently regilded and now installed in the Great Stair Hall, this monumental sculpture of Diana originally stood atop New York City’s Madison Square Garden.
- Past Exhibitions: Picasso Prints: Myths, Minotaurs, and Muses encompassed around 50 prints that highlighted the influence that ancient art, mythology, and literature had on his work.
- The Buildings: There are actually three—the main museum building, the landmark art-deco Perelman Building that overlooks Fairmount Park, and the Rodin.
- Special Programs: At Art After 5 events, patrons clink cocktail glasses and enjoy international music or jazz and light refreshments.