What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $12 for admission to Art Splash for one adult and up to 5 children aged 3–12 ($20 value)
- $22 for admission to Art Splash for two adults and up to 10 children aged 3–12 ($40 value)
Art Splash is a summer-long, family-friendly event available between June 30 and September 7 that features a new theme every two weeks. Adults and kids can take gallery tours, check out studio art creations, and wander through the museum to see how artists have been inspired by nature, and they can participate in a number of playful activities designed with families in mind.
Visitors can explore artwork through creative play and participatory conversation lead by guides. Also available are storytelling sessions, a children’s-book author and illustrator series, and art-making workshops. Guests can also borrow an iPad mini to check out the mobile app inspired by the museum’s “A is for Art Museum” picture book. Click the link above for a complete schedule.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 7, 2015. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Kids 3-12 years old are free. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Philadelphia Museum of Art
What began as the art gallery for the Centennial Exhibition of 1876 has blossomed into today's Philadelphia Museum of Art. Conceived to celebrate artistic and architectural endeavors from all over the world, the museum inspires visitors to discover the spirit of imagination through a world-renowned collection including works by Picasso and Van Gogh, keeping so much in its permanent collection that only a fraction of it can be displayed.
- Eye Catcher: the oil-on-canvas work Man with a Guitar by Pablo Picasso, a stunning example of his Cubist work.
- Permanent Mainstay: Vincent van Gogh's famed Sunflowers, which may have been the edition of his series of five that hung in the bedroom of Paul Gauguin.
- Don't Miss: Recently regilded and now installed in the Great Stair Hall, this monumental sculpture of Diana originally stood atop New York City’s Madison Square Garden.
- Past Exhibitions: Picasso Prints: Myths, Minotaurs, and Muses encompassed around 50 prints that highlighted the influence that ancient art, mythology, and literature had on his work.
- The Buildings: There are actually three—the main museum building, the landmark art-deco Perelman Building that overlooks Fairmount Park, and the Rodin.
- Special Programs: At Art After 5 events, patrons clink cocktail glasses and enjoy international music or jazz and light refreshments.