All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed May 13, 2012
What You'll Get
|_Jump to: Reviews||Innovations in Basketball_|
Watch the Suns dribble, dunk, alley-oop, coup-fourré, shimmy-shammy, and Irish chowder. With today’s Groupon, $34 gets you a ticket (a $57 value) to one of the games listed above at the US Airways Center, located right in downtown Phoenix.
This Groupon includes matchups against the run-and-gun Warriors, a youth-laden Timberwolves team, Chris Paul and the Hornets, a team from Detroit that’s primarily known as the Pistons, last year’s Finals runner-up Orlando Magic, and perennial powerhouse San Antonio Spurs. Seating is available in sections 206–208, 214–216, 222–224, and 230–232. Click here to see the seats in gorgeous 3-D. Your Groupon is good for the following games:
- Suns vs. Golden State Warriors, Friday, Oct. 30, at 7 p.m.
- Suns vs. Minnesota Timberwolves, Sunday, Nov. 1, at 6 p.m.
- Suns vs. New Orleans Hornets, Wednesday, Nov. 11, at 8:30 p.m.
- Suns vs. Detroit Pistons, Sunday, Nov. 22, at 6 p.m.
- Suns vs. Orlando Magic, Friday, Dec. 11, at 8:30 p.m.
- Suns vs. San Antonio Spurs, Tuesday, Dec. 15, at 7 p.m.
After purchasing your Groupon, you’ll receive instructions on how to get tickets to your game of choice.
The Suns have two NBA Finals appearances (1976 and 1993) without winning a title, so this squad is hungry to taste the cinnamon and nutmeggy flavor of the Larry O’Brien Trophy. The Alvin Gentry–led team hopes to build on the Nash-Stoudemire-Hill-Richardson foundation to contend in the highly competitive West. Catch the Suns in action—perfect for sports fanatics, families, or people who only own purple and orange clothing.
Yelpers give the team a whopping 4.5 stars:
> * For the past few season [sic] that we’ve had Steve Nash, you can’t buy a better brand of basketball. Sure no championships have been hung, but from an entertainment stand point we’re at the top. – Nick H.
> * As a Phoenix native and lifetime Suns fan, yeah, I’m probably a bit biased, but all I’m saying is that the Suns represent everything that is great about the sport of basketball. – Jake C.
> * Even if you’re not a Suns fan (which I most certainly am), these guys are just fun to watch! – Bunny J.
Innovations in Basketball
Basketball has gone through numerous innovations since James Naismith first nailed a peach basket to a galloping horse and invented basketball. Here are some of the key changes that make the game what it is:
- 1924: The 30-minute shot clock is introduced, guaranteeing at least one shot per game.
- 1976: The Denver Nuggets begin using a ball that causes fearsome premonitions in whoever is holding it.
- 1998: The NBA expands by two teams composed entirely of baby kittens.
- 2002: Losing at basketball is outlawed in Los Angeles, simultaneously causing the Lakers to win the NBA championship and the Clippers to be incarcerated in a floating sky-jail for 10 years.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 16, 2009. Amount paid never expires. Groupon good for any 1 of the dates. Valid only for sections 206-208, 214-216, 222-224, and 230-232. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.