Because of social mores in the 1950s, films couldn't show husbands and wives sharing the same bed or lagoon monsters wearing two-piece swimsuits. Celebrate modern culture with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $10 for two tickets to any movie, including 3-D movies (up to a $23.50 value). Check the showtimes at The Mall of Monroe and showtimes at Laurel Park Place in Livonia for the most current details.
- $15 for two tickets to a showing of Stephen Sondheim's Company (up to a $30 value). Choose between the following showtimes:
- Thursday, May 31, at 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 2, at 2 p.m.
- $15 for two tickets to a showing of an open-air production of Verdi's Nabucco (up to a $30 value). Choose between the following showtimes:
- Thursday, June 21, at 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 23, at 2 p.m.
In the onscreen adaptation of Stephen Sondheim's Tony Award–winning Broadway musical Company, the New York Philharmonic backs up a star-studded cast that includes Stephen Colbert, Christina Hendricks, and Jon Cryer. Neil Patrick Harris stars as Bobby, a bachelor whose 35th birthday brings together his best friends, five couples in the assorted state of soon-to-be married, married, and used-to-be married. Sondheim tells the story—mostly through Bobby’s eyes—as a series of nonlinear vignettes. Running time is 159 minutes, including a 15-minute intermission.
Nebuchadnezzar, the ancient king of Babylon, proclaimed himself God—then went mad. Giuseppe Verdi's 19th-century opera Nabucco tells this tragic tale in an open-air production filmed at the St. Margarethen Opera Festival in Austria. Carved from an old Roman sandstone quarry, St. Margarethen provides a compelling backdrop for the opera's 400 participants. Live horses and explosive pyrotechnics heighten this production's grand tale of megalomania.
Phoenix Theatres – State-Wayne Theatre
Within its recently-renovated confines just in time for the holidays, the locally-owned and operated State-Wayne theatre transports its audiences to exotic lands, forbidden romances, and CGI-animal kingdoms of the 100% digital silver screen. Designed for full comfort, each lumbar-supported seat's power recline feature allows guests to relax in a position of their liking. Not to be outdone, couples can cozy up on loveseat pods during date nights, which contain a flip-up middle armrest and drink holders. When its time to settle in for the feature presentation, crowds can immerse themselves even further into the suspended belief of film. Concessions provide free refills on sodas and large popcorns, fueling imaginations for sprints toward stories' thrilling or heartwarming resolutions.