Sitting for a photo was once a long and arduous process, as evidenced by the unkempt facial hair grown by our earliest presidents during their portrait sessions. Capture a clean image with this Groupon.
$199 for Five-Day Teen Photography Summer Camp (Up to $450 Value)
Choose from eight sessions:
- Monday, June 25, to Friday, June 29, from 9 a.m. to noon.
- Monday, June 25, to Friday, June 29, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Monday, July 9, to Friday, July 13, from 9 a.m. to noon.
- Monday, July 9, to Friday, July 13, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Monday, July 23, to Friday, July 27, from 9 a.m. to noon.
- Monday, July 23, to Friday, July 27, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Monday, August 6, to Friday, August 10, from 9 a.m. to noon.
- Monday, August 6, to Friday, August 10, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
During half-day classes, local photographers help teens aged 13–18 master skills such as lighting, composition, and portfolio development through educational lectures, outdoor photo trips, and shoots in a professional studio. Students should bring their own camera or camera phone.
Though Photo Studio Group sometimes features a discounted price online, this Groupon still offers the best deal available.
Photo Studio Group
The 5,100-square-foot studio at Photo Studio Group is a blank canvas upon which a community of visiting and member artists stages their craft. For an hourly rate, photographers can click their shutters at a professional studio backdrop and use lights, backgrounds, and grip equipment on a first-come, first-served basis. A series of workshops bring the ins and outs of the industry into focus, including a class on studio techniques that covers set design, hair and makeup collaboration, and teaching mannequins to hold a pose. Photo foundations workshops focus on topics such as camera equipment and composition, and Photoshop workshops introduce students to the image-enhancing software and other Creative Suite applications. Photo Studio Group also hosts a pro lecture series, where esteemed photographers and designers chat about their techniques in a casual setting.