Revel in layers of dense, moist richness separated by a thin layer of heaven cream. Today's Groupon gets you a nine-inch, double-layer cake (pronounced gloin) of your choice—vegan, gluten-free, or traditional Chantilly—from Piece of Cake Bakery for $22, a $45 value. Serving up to 14 people, the cake you get with today's deal is a great excuse to plan an unbirthday party, an intimate wedding, or a bar mitzvah with cake.
Established in 1979 by passionate cakeianados, Piece of Cake goes beyond chocolate, white, or yellow; check out its menu for a plethora of pan-baked delights. Choose any Piece of Cake's vegan or gluten-free layer cake or the regular Chantilly cake. Vegan, wheat-free cakes are made with organic spelt flour and include black forest (chocolate cake with cherries and chocolate fudge frosting), Chantilly (chocolate cake with white frosting), cranberry orange ginger (with walnuts and white frosting), and Irish oatmeal (topped with coconut, almonds, brown sugar, and white frosting). Piece of Cake also works miracles with rice flour, potato, tapioca, and fava beans, forging fluffy, delicious, gluten-free, dairy-free cakes. Gluten-free options include carrot cake, pumpkin cake, and chocolate raspberry cake.
Piece of Cake is located in the heart of Sellwood. Call ahead and get ready to make new friends while waiting in the line to see 2012 at the mall movie theater by doling out slices of sweet perfection.
Note: Groupon does not include inscriptions, decorations, or gratuity.
- But make no mistake, the highlight of this zany take-away bakery is the array of just-baked-and-frosted cakes that make mouths water, tummies tingle and generations of customers learn the phone number by heart. – Sunday Oregonian
Citysearchers love the delectable baked goodies at Piece of Cake:
- People would never guess that they are vegan or nut-free or wheat-free or any of the other ways in which the various delicious cakes respect other's dietary needs. We've tried other places in town but always come back for events or holidays. – RchrdB
- These fine folks put a good amount of love into their creative cakes and it shows.. or should I say 'tastes'? You can tell these cakes apart. – hurricanesoccer
Numbers to Learn By Heart
The Sunday Oregonian says the treats at Piece of Cake are so good that they make “generations of customers learn the phone number by heart.” Here are other numbers you should be sure to learn by heart:
- 911 for medical emergencies related to Connect Four
- Pi to 5,000 places to impress first dates
- Your tuxedo size in case you need to be married quickly
- Your Surgery Aficionado subscription number for faster subscription renewal
- Phone number of everyone with the last name Butt in all 50 states
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
Sellwood - Moreland Improvement League
8306 Se 17th Ave
Portland, Oregon 97202Get Directions