Change a drinking habit into a highfalutin hobbyhorse with accoutrements from Pinot Boutique. Today's Groupon stocks your home bar with $50 worth of wine charms, decanters, and glasses for $25. Prepare for upcoming holiday parties with accessories to play the perfect host or suspect in Clue-themed get-togethers, or pick up a hostess gift from Pinot's handpicked collection of gorgeous wine stoppers, caddies, corkscrews, and more.
Pinot Boutique has everything but the kitchen sink and the stockpile of booze you keep beneath the kitchen sink. Uncorking wine bottles is smooth with a sleek silver Original Rabbit corkscrew ($49.95), and bottles last longer with an array of decorative and functional wine stoppers ($5+). Fermented bottle devotees can BYOB in a chic, animal-print wine tote ($49). Discount wine devotees can make it taste like they paid top dollar with the Soiree decanter, a bulb that attaches to the top of your bottle and instantly oxidizes grapen goodness as it's poured, enhancing the flavors of any wine ($29.95).
Properly shaped wine glasses are important for any tasting experience. Pinot Boutique stocks ultra chic, light yet durable Italian crystal Cento glasses ($14.95+ each). Guests will never mix glasses up with a set of decorative wine charms, available in a variety of themes ($14.99). Even if you aren't especially knowledgeable about wine and cocktails, the proper accessories can fool Ben Affleck into thinking he's drinking a top-dollar wine. Pinot's educational wine and cocktail books are the perfect holiday gift for oenophile uncles or anyone who needs to study up on sophisticated stemware and culinary cocktails to impress oenophile uncles at holiday gatherings.
- Kudos to Old City’s Pinot Boutique for understanding our love of vino so well that it manages to be a successful wine shop that sells no wine. Instead it stocks gadgets and glasses, accessories like stoppers and decanters, a range of bottle-storage furnishings, and everything else an oenophile could dream up. – Philadelphia
- The owners are super friendly and accommodating, and glad to help you pick out a gift for any occasion. – Kate B., Yelp
- They seem to have a nice broad selection of quality items for both wine drinkers & cocktail enthusiasts. – Laurel M., Yelp
How to Properly Taste Wine
Once you've stocked up on all your accoutrement at the Pinot Boutique, all that remains is to become an expert wine-taster overnight. For total wine enjoyment, the wine drinker must engage in a multi-step process designed to enhance the flavor, the body, and the unique characteristics with each sip:
- Give the wine in your glass one of three names: Gary, Darryl, or Garryl.
- Bring the wine glass to your right eye and stare deeply into it for at least 30 minutes until you can no longer tell where the wine ends and you begin.
- Starting with your left pinky and moving right, fully submerge each of your fingers into the wine glass until all fingers are in the glass.
- Take a sip and slosh it around. When someone gives you some surprising news, spit it out.
- Put all of the wine from your glass into your mouth, but don't swallow. When all the wine is in there, open your mouth and say, "Keys. Once angry keeping flagrant." Enjoy the wine that is left in your mouth.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
Just as the Roman god Bacchus represented both wine and revelry together, Pinot Boutique celebrates wine by—how else?—throwing parties. The staff regularly stages wine-tasting [events](http://www.pinotboutique.com/events.php and hosts events amid the exposed-brick walls in its lower level wine lounge. Upstairs, the shop’s main floor is dedicated for wine tastings and fostering at-home celebrations, twice earning a "Best of Philly" commendation, including the title Best Gift Shop of 2012 from Philadelphia Magazine. The acclaimed boutique displays accessories such as wineglass charms, corkscrews, and picnic gear to complement an exclusive selection of vintage wines and fresh labels from Pennsylvania's Paradocx Vineyards, Harvest Ridge Winery, Pinnacle Ridge Winery, and Auburn Road Winery.
Center City East
227 Market St
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106Get Directions