Although Italians originally invented pasta as a fastener to keep Sicily from floating away, they abandoned it for less delicious moorings after locals on both sides kept snacking their way toward separation. Tether your taste buds to today's Groupon to Pio's Pasta Co. Choose between the following options:
- For $30, you get an Italian dinner for two (up to a $62.90 total value) from the dinner menu. The dinner includes:
- Two pasta entrees from the primi piatti menu section (up to an $18.95 value each)
- Two glasses of house wine (a $6.95 value each) or two single-liquor call drinks (up to an $8 value each)
- Two cannoli (a $4.50 value each)
- For $10, you get $20 worth of Italian fare for lunch, served Tuesday–Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
At Pio's Pasta Co., head chef and owner Peter Corsa handcrafts each authentic Italian dish from scratch, specializing in delectable al dente pastas. The lobster ravioli crams notes of lobster, spinach, and pine nuts into doughy envelopes perfect for direct delivery to the mouth or—with a gentle flick of the spoon—airmail to a dinner partner. Lasagna layers vegetables and meat between cloaks of mozzarella and ricotta, and tables groan under gnocchi potato dumplings prepared one of three ways. A resident pairing expert helps to select the dinner's accompanying glasses of house wine—culling quaffs from Italian vintners Citra and Piccini—based on the types of dishes ordered and the customers' preferred shirt-stain hue.