Art can express a variety of human feelings, from joy at the birth of a child to confusion at the birth of a man-child. Eloquently articulate your emotions with today's Groupon for classes at the Pittsburgh Glass Center. Explore the city's glass-blowing art culture with one of three options:
- For $30, you get a one-year dual/family membership (a $75 value).
- For $20, you get a one-year individual membership (a $50 value).
- For $12, you get one admission to a Make It Now workshop, which includes a self-made glass souvenir (a $25 value).
With interactive workshops offered six days a week, live demonstrations by internationally celebrated glass artists, and striking glass sculpture gallery displays, Pittsburgh Glass Center is a haven for lovers of this fragile art form. Individual membership to the center includes access to studio rental and equipment, and a 10% discount on all classes for members and one friend or frenemy. Classes range from the beginner-friendly Precious Pendants workshop, where students create their own wearable art ($75), to the advanced four-week Hot Incalmo course, in which glassmiths fuse multicolored bubbles to create awe-inspiring art pieces or beautiful, sentient ham radios ($285). Member perks also include special invites and additional savings for special events such as the Gardens of Glass studio sale, where local artists showcase and sell their colorful crystalline designs. Family memberships bestow these privileges on two adults and include invites to family-friendly events.
To take advantage of the fire-kissed art without the commitment of a membership, the Make It Now workshop option provides a hands-on glass-blowing lesson that wraps up in less than 20 minutes. An expert gaffer will guide you through the process of creating glass beads, flowers, or other seasonal crafts that make great gifts for any holiday, birthday, or parrot graduation party.
- I've been to the Glass Center perhaps 5 or so times now. I've gone for a tours/demonstrations and two "Make It Now" classes. I have thoroughly enjoyed going each and every time. Some of the art they have on display is fantastic. – Sarah E., Yelp
- This is a great place to visit. I highly recommend any local Pittsburghers interested in the arts to check it out. State of the art doesn't begin to describe how up-to-date and professional this place is. – Justin V., Yelp
5472 Penn Ave.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15206Get Directions