Though now commonplace, acting was condemned in colonial times as "public lying," with offenders being yanked off the streets with novelty-sized shepherd's crooks. Embrace vaudevilliany with today’s Groupon to Pittsburgh Musical Theater's production of Seussical at Byham Theater in association with Robert Morris University. Choose from the following options:
- For $17, you get one section-A adult ticket (up to a $39.75 value).
- For $12, you get one section-B adult ticket (a $24.75 value).
Attendees can choose from seven performances:
- Thursday, March 24 at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 25 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 26 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 27 at 2 p.m. (section B tickets only)
- Friday, April 1 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 2 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, April 3 at 2 p.m. (section B tickets only)
Children's tickets range from $17.75 to $20.25 for section A, and cost $12.75 for section B.
Seussical coaxes familiar characters, including the Cat in the Hat and Horton the elephant, from the pages of Dr. Seuss's popular children's books. Direct your looking globes to the stage as Horton takes on a whimsical world of danger to protect his friend Jojo and a host of invisible Whos. Like most of the works by Dr. Seuss, Seussical offers sizable doses of feel-good morality, fanciful settings, and energetic fun for the whole family. The playful, imaginative musical is sure to delight children, tickle adults, and baffle existential philosophers.
- Overall effect is of a bunch of kids (played by young adults) romping on a playground -- which turns out to be a far more effective way to handle the satiric whimsy of Dr. Seuss than the laborious trial we sat through uptown. – Steven Suskin, Variety
- My seat (and yes I went alone) was on the main floor and I thought the sightlines and acoustics were very good. It works well for acts that play in theaters instead of arenas. – Susan D., Yelp, 11/2/10