Choose from Five Options
- $20 for two tickets to the Ninth Muse vocal ensemble performance on Sunday, March 30, 2014 ($40 value)
- $65 for two tickets to the Winifred Haun & Dancers performance on Saturday, April 12, 2014 ($130 value)
- $65 for two tickets to the Winifred Haun & Dancers performance on Sunday, April 13, 2014 ($130 value)
- $30 for twilight tour for two ($60 value)
- $10 for guided tour for two ($20 value)<p>
Twilight tours take place February 13, March 13, and April 10 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Guided tours take place Thursday through Sunday at 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m., and 2:30 p.m. Tours do not occur on major holidays.<p>
One of the best examples of Prairie School Architecture in the U.S., Pleasant House mingles grandeur with simplicity. Visitors to the National Historic Landmark building enter through a broad porch which architect George Washington Maher adorned with decorated motifs using roman bricks and stone. Once within, students of architecture will recognize familiar turn-of-the-century Prairie elements: airy open spaces, glittering art-glass windows, and intricate carvings.
As the 120th anniversary of the building draws near, guests can explore Pleasant Home's 30 rooms of original and restored pieces on docent-guided tours that run every Thursday through Sunday. The house also hosts a a full calendar of lectures and classes, classical and jazz performances, locally-produced theater, and children's programming to inspire the next generation of architects.