A hole in one is often considered a lightning-strike event, as the club-in-the-air celebration makes an irresistible target for white-hot Zeus daggers. Experience the highs and lows of golf with today's Groupon. For $49, you get one round of golf with a GPS-equipped cart at Pleasant Valley Golf Club. Today's deal excludes tee times on Fridays after 12 p.m. and weekend and holiday mornings before 10:30 a.m. Though $49 will normally get you a weekday round after 4 p.m., weekend rates give this Groupon a value of up to $98 after the in-season rates start on April 2. When checking into the pro shop before playing your round, present your Groupon and ask for a two-for-one coupon that covers the green fees for two golfers on a future visit. The voucher is good Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, at either Pleasant Valley Golf Club or South Riding Golf Club, but does not include the $18 cart fee.
Located in Chantilly, Virginia (roughly 20–30 miles from Arlington and DC), Pleasant Valley's 18-hole, championship-caliber course was designed by respected course architect Tom Clark of Ault, Clark & Associates to challenge seasoned golf vets and utilize this secluded spot. Look around and see nothing but lush grass and pale blue skies—no houses, industrial structures, or adults wearing child-sized Halloween costumes pollute the course's serene greenery. Also take advantage of PV's modern clubhouse, fully stocked Pro Shop, and practice facilities.
If you're someone who fears getting lost on a golf course for several weeks with only a small jar of homemade peanut butter and a copy of Rodney Dangerfield's autobiography, fear no more. Pleasant Valley's golf carts come equipped with Prolink GPS systems. Grab your directionally challenged golf buddies and enjoy driving a golf cart that can easily be tracked by government agencies over the meticulously maintained greens at Pleasant Valley.
Golf Digest editors rated Pleasant Valley Golf Club four stars, and the Washington Post called Pleasant Valley "a noticeable cut above; worth seeking out." Players love the course's seclusion and challenges, and five GolfLink users rate Pleasant Valley four stars:
- Tom Clark certainly took advantage of the opportunity to spin a web of variety...there’s a lot of variance to challenge golfers of all abilities. Clark mixed in some bunker-less holes to contrast some links with huge bunkers. Some beastly long holes (a 596 yard par five and a 479 yard par four) and some short (a 329 yard par four and a 152 yard par three) ones. Some holes where water’s very much in play, and others where you could roll the ball the entire length to the green. Add in trees and wetlands and you have a pretty complete golf course. – GolftheMidAtlantic.com
- This course is fairly wide open, so good golfers with length should play the tips. If there is no wind, it's easy. If it's windy, it's a fantastic challenge. The course is typically in good shape. It would be hard not to like this course. – Maca, GolfLink
- Fantastic layout that is well-maintained. This is exactly why this course can become packed on mornings and weekends. – rnewton, GolfLink
Pleasant Valley Golf Club
Course designer Tom Clark of Ault, Clark & Associates earned Pleasant Valley Golf Club a 4.5-star rating from Golf Digest, whose editors applauded the architect’s creativity in the site’s rolling hills and dense hardwood forest. Clark’s 18-hole brainchild allows players to tee up from one of four tee boxes and test their mettle against the par 72 course, taking care to avoid the water in play on six holes and the grassy meadows that lie outside the fairway borders. Players can bookend their round with a warm-up session on the range and a cooldown at the grill, helped along by a club sandwich, a Gatorade, or a glass of ice water dumped on an overused foot wedge.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 course
- Total length of 6,915 yards from the back tees
- Course rating of 73.5 from the back tees
- Course slope of 137 from the back tees
- Four sets of tees per hole
4715 Pleasant Valley Rd.
Chantilly, Virginia 20151Get Directions