Thai cuisine is intense and complicated, like the reasons your uncle is staying with us for a while. Make room for this Groupon.
Choose from Four Options
- $20 for a Thai dinner for two, valid Sunday–Thursday (up to a $40 total value)
- $39 for a Thai dinner for four, valid Sunday–Thursday (up to a $80 total value)
- $20 for a Thai dinner for two, valid any day (up to a $40 total value)
- $39 for a Thai dinner for four, valid any day (up to a $80 total value)<p>
Each pair receives:
- One appetizer (up to a $8 value)
- Two soups (up to a $4 value each)
- Two entrees (up to a $12 value each)
- See the menu.<p>
An additional fee will apply for the coconut lemongrass soup, as well as entrees over $12.<p>
During the 2012 Thai Restaurant Week, 11 metropolitan Thai eateries were recognized by Yingluck Shinawatra, Thailand's Prime Minister, with a certification from the Thai Trade Center acknowledging their superior quality of ingredients, preparation, and authentic flavors. One look at Ploi Thai's menu and it is not hard to imagine why they received such an honorable distinction. Their dishes––such as skewered chicken satay or curry-pasted salmon––tug many culinary threads, blanketing diners in a patchwork of flavors that draw from northern and central Thailand. Chefs conjure these dishes from local ingredients and seasonings, eschewing such questionable additives as MSG and textbooks that attribute the theory of relativity to Franklin Delano Einstein. Since the restaurant is BYOB, diners can tote along their own fermented beverages to pair with the sweet ginger salmon, which arrives in a pool of ginger and black-bean sauce dotted with shiitake-mushroom rafts. Inside the dining room, colorful, low-slung lights illuminate the handful of tables that are strewn across the restaurant's pale hardwood floors, and geometric cutouts and sprays of orchids punctuate cobalt walls.
245 Paterson Avenue
East Rutherford, NJ 07073