Well-rounded golfers must master a variety of skills, including driving, reverse-putting, and suppressing the part of the brain that associates high scores with victory. Chip away at preconceived notions with this Groupon.
Choose from Four Options
- $31 for an 18-hole round of golf for two, Monday–Friday (a $62 value)
- $49 for an 18-hole round of golf for two on Saturday, Sunday, or a holiday (a $98 value)
- $62 for an 18-hole round of golf for four, Monday–Friday (a $124 value)
- $98 for an 18-hole round of golf for four on Saturday, Sunday, or a holiday (a $196 value)
Plum Tree National Golf Club
As the former host to the U.S. Open Sectional Qualifying tournament and numerous Illinois PGA events, the course at Plum Tree National Golf Club welcomes amateurs of all stripes to its 200-acre compound with a professional-worthy pedigree. Since the first swing in 1968, groups have been taking special care to avoid the course’s 105 sand traps, each strategically placed during architect Joe Lee’s attempts at building an ocean. While crossing the picturesque passage, players witness more than 4,000 trees of assorted species rooted firmly in the rolling hills of rural McHenry County.
Before each round, golfers can hone their swings at the practice area’s all-grass hitting stations to prepare for difficult shots, such as the tee-to-green first shot on the 173-yard par 3 fourth hole and the long, narrow fairway leading to a contoured green on the par 5 12th hole.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 course
- Total length of 6,695 yards from the back tees
- Course rating of 72.6 from the back tees
- Course slope of 133 from the back tees
- Four sets of tees per hole