With today's Groupon, $5 gets you $10 worth of fresh salads, calzones, and veggie-stuffed bread pockets at Pockets. With 14 locations in the Chicago area, you're sure to find a Pockets near your home, work, or favorite mailbox. Because Pockets is a healthy, tasty alternative to other quick bites, this Groupon is perfect for workweek lunches or a light dinner when you're pressed for time.
Pockets' menu features a range of healthy, fresh, and fast options, starting, of course, with the self-titled Pocket. Once merely a storage unit for wallets, keys, and hands, Pockets has truly evolved the pocket into a culinary masterpiece. It all begins when friendly Pockets employees take whole-grain bread pockets fresh from the oven, gently cut them open, and fill them with chopped veggies, meats, cheeses, and your choice of dressing. It ends with you gleefully rubbing your stomach in satisfaction.
Try the original pocket, a crisp combination of lettuce, green peppers, fresh tomatoes, shredded carrots, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese. Spice up your Monday with a southwest pocket filled with spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, corn, green peppers, black beans, diced onions, and cheddar cheese, or build your own capacious handheld meal and add meat to any pocket for an additional $1.25. Vegetarians will enjoy the veggie lo-cal, a tasty concoction stuffed with spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, shredded carrots, mushrooms, green peppers, and diced onions. Complement the fresh ingredients with ranch dressing, garden-fresh salsa, or any of Pockets' 12 tasty dressings. Most half-sized pockets are priced at $3.99 and regular-sized pockets range from $5.79 to $7.49.
Salad lovers will enjoy the chef's salad (lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, mushrooms, shredded carrots, diced onions, mozzarella, Swiss, turkey, and salami, $8.49) or the spinach, berry, and almond salad (spinach, cranberries, almonds, and feta with balsamic vinaigrette, $5.79 small, $7.49 large), each served with a half pocket bread. If you crave something warm on a chilly day, have Pockets bake its famous bread pouches into calzones; try the broccolator (broccoli, turkey, mushrooms, and mozzarella, $4.49 mini, $7.29 regular) or the southwest (chicken, corn, beans, and southwest mix with cheddar and mozzarella, $4.49 mini, $7.29 regular).
MenuPages users give the food at the E. 53rd St. Pockets 4.5 stars and Insider Pages users give it five stars; 76% of Urbanspooners like the Lincoln Park locale; and Yelpers give the Loop location four stars:
- Pockets is a great place to go for a lunch or light dinner...plenty of options for vegans and vegetarians...healthy alternative to fast foods. – Teresa M., Insider Pages
- Whether it's a pocket or a salad, the lettuce and other veggies are ALWAYS fresh and crispy, not wilted and rubbery. The bread, er, I mean "pocket" is sinful. Puffy yet dense, and chewy on the outside, it's the only sinful bite if you count carbs as doing business with the devil. – Schweddy, MenuPages
- The bread is warm and hefty and delicious, the portions are big, and the salads are great - lots of ingredients chopped really small so that you can taste them all in one bite. – Jen, MenuPages
Pockets is more than just a purveyor of warm bread pouches stuffed with savory goodness—it’s also scientifically proven to be the perfect pet name for a baby wallaby. In fact, Groupon’s Pet Name Analysis Algorithm is able to generate the perfect name for pets of every species, as demonstrated by the following analysis:
- Mallard duck: Martin, Cheryl, or Douglas
- Dog: Max, Duke, or Mini-Wolf Junior
- Cat: Pickles, Mister Pickles, or Smuggy
- Eel: Slime-bo, Grossy, or Legally Acquired Eel
- Genetically-engineered man-sized scorpion: Endbringer, Glasya-Labolas, or Professor Poison-Pal
- Human baby: Duke, Pickles, or Mister Grossy
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.