- $26 for one four-week first-time hockey course for kids aged 4–10 ($49 value)
- Classes held once a week
- Take-home jersey and rental gear and skates included.
- Garner Rink: Sundays from 3:30-4:30, November 10, 17, 24, and December 1, 2013
- Wake Forest Rink: Sundays from 5:15-6:15, December 8, 15, 22, and 29, 2013
- Cary Rink: Sundays from 5:20-6:20, January 5, 12, 19, and 26, 2014
Polar Ice House
Flakes of ice float through the frosty air, twinkling in the light. Rosy-cheeked children skate across the glittery ice, clutching their parents' gloved hands and shrieking gleefully. Though it seems as though it belongs in the pages of a winter fairy tale, this is the scene of a typical August afternoon at Polar Ice House. The hot summer sun burns brightly outside, but the temperature inside the vast indoor ice rink remains a brisk 45 degrees.
Although the wintry conditions make the rink a less than ideal venue for a bikini fashion show, the cold environment is perfect for the skating lessons, hockey games, and public-skating and hockey sessions that the rink hosts year-round. The center's attentive instructors lead students of all ages and experience levels through fundamental skating skills, progressing to advanced techniques, such as jumping, spinning, and karate chopping aggressive abominable snowmen, once students have mastered the basics.
97% of 39 customers recommend
“Great place. A friendly and helpfull staff”
“The groupon was easy to use and the staff was very friendly and helpful.”
“Amazingly patient coaches! It was a fantastic experience for my children!”