All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
March 7, 2014
September 10, 2012
September 9, 2012
What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Better than a Cold Shower
Dance your passions on a pole while you sensualize exercise with today's Groupon: $25 gets you four 55-minute drop-in classes at PoleLaTeaz. Firewomen, batwomen, lady busters of ghosts, and any gal looking to build upper-body strength, burn calories, and discover the power of the pole can do it any day of the week at PoleLaTeaz; the class calendar has drop-in classes every day.
Learn floor moves during Freaky Floorwork, or dance your butt off during Jiggle It, the class dedicated to the posterior. The down-to-earth instructors are former nurses and stay-at-home moms, though you'd never guess it after witnessing their pole prowess. Due to experience requirements and capacity limitations, you'll have to pre-register for the Intro Pole, Cardio Pole Levels 1–6, and Pole Flow classes online or over the phone.
Pole dancing is a heart-pumping workout that tones muscles, slims waistlines, increases flexibility, and boosts one's sexy-feeling, raising sexiness levels 12.5% Zeta-Joneses higher than the national average. A spin on a floor-to-ceiling steel staff can burn more calories than the same amount of time spent unsexily treadmilling, stair climbing, lifting Aunt Gladys above your head, or attacking a punching bag made from recycled car batteries. It's a fun skill to learn, and it's even more fun to perform, unless you're performing outdoors in winter and get frozen to the pole, resulting in hours of sexy thawing. PoleLaTeaz lets you try your first fireman's spin on a comfy room-temperature pole while surrounded by friendly, well-thawed classmates.
Note: New students only. You must exchange your Groupon before the expiration date; once your pass is activated, you must redeem all four classes within 90 days.
- I'm a shy person, but I wanted to challenge myself to step out of my comfort level, so I enrolled in one of the Pole classes at PoleLaTeaz. Not only did the staff made me feel really welcome and comfortable, I was happy to find out that the other women in my class are very friendly and supportive too! – AerialGirl, Kudzu
- The instructors and classmates are very encouraging. Casual classes are great to take as well...and be prepared to sweat like heck...what a workout! – Nateia F., Yelp
Better than a Cold Shower
Many people who take pole-dancing classes are eager to find new ways to express their sensuality and impress a partner. Some moves, however, are designed to end the evening early and protect your boudoir from unwanted exes and stubborn first dates:
- The Rotisserie Spin: Consuming entire roast chicken while clinging to the pole
- The Sultry Snape: Any move performed to a Harry Potter audio book
- The Up-Close-and-Personal: Dance is performed four inches from recipient, while you recite his or her entire medical history
- The Cosmonaut: Mechanical failure of pole causes a sudden hull-breach, imminent implosion, and a string of creative Russian swearing
- The Pet-Threaten: Self-explanatory
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 4, 2010. Amount paid never expires. New students only. 2 per person, may purchase multiple as gifts. Must activate pass by 5/4. Must use classes within 90 days of activation. Must pre-register for Intro Pole, Cardio Pole, & Pole Flow. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
As CNN Medical Correspondent Judy Fortin discovered during her visit to Atlanta, PoleLaTeaz's flirty-fitness classes encourage self-confidence as much as toned muscles. Led by studio owner Angela Edwards and her staff of experienced instructors, sultry sessions range from introductory pole dancing to suspended yoga. Each class retains an all-female roster to further promote a comfortable environment. Before participants learn routines consisting of swings, swivels, and uncanny imitations of flagpoles, they also work to gain agility by practicing Pilates stretches.