Like the whispering voices that tell us what to do, seafood comes from the ocean. Answer the aquatic call with this Groupon.
Choose from Six Options
- $43 for dinner for two, valid Monday–Thursday (up to an $87.75 value)
- $43 for dinner for two, valid Friday–Sunday (up to an $87.75 value)
- $85 for dinner for four, valid Monday–Thursday (up to a $175.50 value)
- $85 for dinner for four, valid Friday–Sunday (up to a $175.50 value)
- $125 for dinner for six, valid Monday–Thursday (up to a $263.25 value)
- $125 for dinner for six, valid Friday–Sunday (up to a $263.25 value)<p>
Each pair of diners receives:
- Two cups of housemade clam chowder (a $4.95 value each)
- Two entrees (up to a $29.95 value each)
- One dessert (up to a $7.95 value)
- Two beers or house wines (up to a $5 value each)<p>
Entrees on the dinner menu include oven-roasted pacific rock cod tossed with tomato, basil, and extra-virgin olive oil ($17.95), as well as a fisherman’s stew of jumbo shrimp, fish, calamari, mussels, clams, and scallops stirred into a garlicky tomato broth ($29.95). Poultry and meat options include a 14-ounce charbroiled New York steak ($28.95) and chicken scallopini, which features chicken medallions in a chardonnay sauce with linguine and fresh vegetables.
With just one counter, six stools, five tables, and a performing crab, Frank and Marian Pompei opened Pompei's Grotto on Fisherman's Wharf in the winter of 1946. Natives of the seaport community of San Benedetto d'Ancona, in Italy, the Pompei's served a modest menu of sandwiches, spaghetti, cracked crab, and seafood cocktails. Similar items are still served today, but under Frank's daughter, Nancy, the menu has expanded to include even more seafood and Italian favorites.
Fried shrimp, scallops, and white cod comprise the Captain's Platter, and from-scratch meat sauce made with local ingredients flavors the lasagna's layers of pasta and cheese. A popular pairing at Pompei's, seafood and Italian flavors join forces in dishes such as linguini and whole clams in a garlic, butter, and white wine sauce, as well as shrimp scampi made with jumbo shrimp sauteed in white wine, butter, mushrooms, and scallions, with linguini and fresh vegetables. And like the evolving menu, Pompei's storefront has also grown since 1946, and now includes an outdoor patio where Fisherman's Wharf's salty air mingles with the aroma of the kitchen's cooked catches.
90% of 255 customers recommend
“Thank you Groupon for exposing me to this wonderful restaurant. The food was soooo good and the service was efficient and personable and prices, particularly...”
“Thank you Groupon for exposing me to this wonderful restaurant. The food was soooo good and the service was efficient and personable and prices, particularly considering the Wharf area, were very reasonable. I will go back to enjoy this family-owned gem. I liked the ambience as well.”
“Great food and great service!”
“We will highly recommend and return. The service was wonderful along with the food. Nancy Baty, Fourth of July, 7pm res.”