Going out to eat allows you to enjoy fine dining without having to procure exotic ingredients or build a sommelier out of an old computer. Lap up luxury with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $20 for $40 worth of upscale French-West African cuisine plus one shared dessert (a $7 value) valid Sunday through Thursday for lunch or dinner (a $47 total value)
- $20 for $40 worth of upscale French-West African cuisine valid Friday and Saturday for lunch or dinner<p>
The menu includes traditional French dishes such as herb-crusted racks of lamb ($28) as well as mussels ($18) and grilled sirloin steak ($25) with West African spices.<p>
Not long after arriving in America 17 years ago, cousins A. Cisse and Chekh Cisse began honing their craft in the kitchens of renowned chefs such as Daniel Boulud and Jean-Georges Vongerichten. At their eatery, Ponty Bistro, the cousins merge their native Senegalese and west African culinary traditions with modern French and Mediterranean techniques, creating a menu that's both comforting and surprising.
Bistro Dishes with Senegalese Spins
- Niokolo-Koba: The steak in this Senegalese version of steak frites is sprinkled with safsafa, a peppery seasoning.
- L'onglet à l'échalote: This grilled hanger steak sits atop a mound of mashed yucca.
- Poisson braise a le guet ndar: Sweet plantains accompany a whole grilled branzino.
- Kasbah lamb shank with merguez: African spices enhance this traditional thin sausage.
218 3rd Ave.
Manhattan, New York 10003