With today's Groupon, you'll soon be challenging people to find an area of jiggly mass on your body—and you will always win. For $45, you get five one-hour fitness classes (a $95 value) at Pop Physique, located in Silver Lake at 3501 W. Sunset Blvd. The boutique fitness studio offers classes designed to make you lean, fit, tone, sexy, buff, well defined, and sculpted. Newcomers to fitness and seasoned pros rave about the well-structured classes and are impressed with the results (see reviews).
Pop Physique's refreshing Pop Sculpt classes mix ballet, Pilates, and light weights to tone your arms, abs, and glutes while improving posture, flexibility, and strength. The fitness studio features a state-of-the-art sound system, sprung dance floors (absorbs shock, softer feel, catapult effect), and ballet barres (long, cylindrical, inanimate). Class size is limited to 15 people so you can get plenty of personal attention and relatively easy access to the water fountain.
Yelpers give Pop Physique a near-perfect 4.5 stars. Here's what they're saying:
- I love everything about this place! The teachers are patient, motivating and welcoming, but also precise with the moves and very challenging. – stephanie n.
- Coming from someone who used to be a professional dancer, it is truly an amazing class! It concentrates on core muscles that many other types of workouts tend to ignore. – Angie P.
- I worked out here today for the first time and had a great time. It was just challenging enough and the teacher (Jennifer) mixed it up enough that I didn't get bored. – Amanda M.
Pick-Up Lines Before and After Pop Physique
Before Pop Physique offered fitness classes, Los Angeles was reported to be the most sedentary city in the world. During this time, life for residents was eerily different (seat belts felt slightly snugger, winter gloves barely fit, etc.). The most glaring differences are the pick-up lines that were used. Common ones included:
- Is that a mirror in your pocket? Because it sure looks like a roast-beef sandwich. Let’s share.
- I think I could fall madly in bed with you, assuming you keep a fridge nearby.
- Why do I feel like the most beautiful girl in the world is in this room? Addressing a Little Debbie cupcake.
Fortunately Pop Physique exists and residents can revert to using standard pick-up lines such as:
- May I touch you? I won't be rough.
- If the world were ending today, you'd be a person I'd like to eat a light snack with. Shall we?
- Your eyes remind me of burning oil tankers.
At the end of a fruitful career that led her from the Cincinnati Ballet to the Sacramento Ballet, Jennifer Williams funneled her dance savvy into creating the barre-inspired exercise system taught at Pop Physique, a 2013 CityVoter finalist for Best Gym. Her fleet of handpicked and personally trained instructors pairs graceful ballet moves with other low-impact exercises in order to chisel cores without injuring muscles. Deep stretches further preserve tendons and leave each student more relaxed than a tortoise moseying past a state patrolman with a radar gun. Sessions run multiple times a day, seven days a week at an expanding network of SoCal locations. The roomy studios are lined with sprung dance floors and design accents that lend each location a distinct personality and a chance to forget its past as a storage room for defective food processors.
96% of 1,478 customers recommend
“Their entrance is behind the ice cream shop, and it is on the basement level. A cute small studio, and instructor & staff are friendly. Enjoyed the work out.”
“Wonderful workout , you really feel the burn and see results! Atmosphere here is upbeat and positive!”
“Fun, beautiful space !”
3501 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, California 90026Get Directions