All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Long ago, Scottish polo players longed for a game where they could explore scenic terrain, ride an obedient mechanical horse, and wear more courageously plaid knickers. Marvel in their subsequent invention with today's Groupon: for $55, you get 18 holes of golf at Poppy Hills Golf Course in Pebble Beach (a $200 value). Idyllic, sweeping greens entwine with the Del Monte Forest to create an unforgettable 6,857 yards of play at the par 72 Poppy Hills course. The noted design by Robert Trent Jones II accommodates players of all skill levels with four teeing areas on each hole. After experiencing the course, visit the on-site pro shop or refresh and refuel at Porter's Grill. This Groupon is not valid for play during AT&T National Pro-Am week February 7–13.
Course aeration is scheduled for March 7, 2011.
Golf magazine named Poppy Hills Golf Course number 24 in its list of California's 100 best public courses in 2010. Six Golflink reviewers give Poppy Hills an average of four stars, and Yelpers give the course five stars.
- a true golfer's facility, Poppy is a place i feel at home at. have played numerous times and would be thrilled to go back anytime. – MilesTrane, Golflink
- Overall, it was a fantastic round of golf, even though I did not play my best (I shot a 100, and had 3 9's). The fact that I still enjoyed the day is testimony to the fact of how beautiful and good a course this is. – Pat M., Yelp
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 1, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy multiple as gifts. Reservation required; subject to availability. Not valid 2/7/11-2/13/11. Not valid toward cart rental. Not valid on Saturdays. Must use in 1 visit. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Poppy Hills Golf Course
Enjoy a magical day of golf in Pebble Beach, CA on historic 17-Mile Drive! Poppy Hills Golf Course is one of the highest rated golf courses in America and home to the PGA Tour and USGA Championships. The course received a $10M+ renovation in 2014 and was awarded the “Best Renovation” that year by all four major golf publications.
Here is what the professionals are saying:
• “It reminds me a little bit of Pinehurst and a little bit of Pine Valley in many ways. This is an excellent course. I loved it.” Colin Montgomerie
• “I think Poppy is amazing. Nothing beats being on the Monterey Peninsula” Mark O’Meara
• “At times, you’re like, Wow, it looks like Augusta” Davis Love III
• “Coolest Hang on 17-mile Drive” Golf Digest