Well-rounded golfers must master a variety of skills, including driving, reverse-putting, and suppressing the part of the brain that associates high scores with victory. Chip away at preconceived notions with today’s Groupon: for $55, you get an 18-hole round of golf at Poppy Hills Golf Course in Pebble Beach (up to a $200 value).
Cleaved through the verdant landscape of the Del Monte Forest, Poppy Hills Golf Course’s 18-hole layout stretches across 6,857 yards of picturesque Monterey Peninsula terrain. Designed by famed course architect Robert Trent Jones II, Poppy Hills plays host to many prominent PGA Tour events, including a 19-year run as cohost of the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am. Recipient of numerous accolades, including an appearance in Golf magazine’s list of the top public courses in California, the grassy monolith accepts its success modestly by offering four tee options—making the course surmountable for players of all abilities—and admiring a scorecard from St. Andrews’ Old Course before it falls asleep each night. The starting hole—a 413-yard par 4—provides little sympathy for rusty swings or disobedient golf balls, as multiple fairway-side bunkers and a well-protected green combine to form the course’s hardest-rated design. Water hazards come into play on two holes, adding to the picturesque par 72’s coastal scenery and laying the aquatic inroads for an impending invasion of golf-crazy porpoises from the Pacific.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 course designed by Robert Trent Jones II
- Length of 6,857 yards from the farthest tees
- Course rating of 74.3 from the farthest tees
- Slope rating of 144 from the farthest tees
- Four tee options
- Link to scorecard<p>
Poppy Hills Golf Course’s rates fluctuate throughout the day and week.
Poppy Hills Golf Course
Enjoy a magical day of golf in Pebble Beach, CA on historic 17-Mile Drive! Poppy Hills Golf Course is one of the highest rated golf courses in America and home to the PGA Tour and USGA Championships. The course received a $10M+ renovation in 2014 and was awarded the “Best Renovation” that year by all four major golf publications.
Here’s is what the professionals are saying:
• “It reminds me a little bit of Pinehurst and a little bit of Pine Valley in many ways. This is an excellent course. I loved it.” Colin Montgomerie
• “I think Poppy is amazing. Nothing beats being on the Monterey Peninsula” Mark O’Meara
• “At times, you’re like, Wow, it looks like Augusta” Davis Love III
• “Coolest Hang on 17-mile Drive” Golf Digest