Passengers are taken on a scenic train ride through Trough which is home to American bald Eagles
About This Deal
- Departure time:
- Trough trip - 1 p.m.
- Sunset trip - 6 p.m.
- Departure location: Wappocomo Station at 149 Eagle Drive, Romney, WV 26757
- Age ranges for age-specific tickets:
- Adult: 13+
- Child: 4-12
- Free admission for children under 4 (ticket is still required)
- A concession car is available to purchase snacks and drinks, cash only
- Coach passengers may bring a small lunch box; over-sized bags and coolers are not permitted
About Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad
Named for the bald eagles that line its path, the Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad takes its passengers on a jaunty trip through America's gorgeous mountain state. The journey begins at Wappocomo Station, situated next to a charming homestead and a sprawling view of the mountains. Passengers enjoy the sounds of vintage diesels as they're led through beautiful pastures and farms dating back to the 1700s. As the train winds along the South Branch of the Potomac River, it enters a visually striking gorge known as The Trough. One of the most scenic spots along the South Branch, The Trough is home to American bald eagles.