- $50 toward kayaking trips and goods from the retail store at Potomac Paddlesports
- Choose to use toward one beginner flatwater kayak or intermediate sea kayak trip
- One of the top kayaking schools in DC, known for its dedication to saving the environment
- Professional, friendly instructors and American Canoe Association-certified guides
- Stable, easy-to-maneuver equipment included
- Also good toward the retail store
- In-store purchases only.
- Call ahead to register for kayak trips.
Seven Yelpers give Potomac Paddlesports 4.5 stars: > * There is no better school to teach you how to do that than Potomac Paddlesports. Sunny Pitcher, the owner, is personally responsible for about 75% of all the kayakers that fill up the Potomac rapids on weekday evenings or weekends. – Bernhard F. > * Sunny Pitcher, having started his kayaking school, has moved his way up to become the founding father of commercial paddling on the Potomac. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable, and are all dedicated paddlers. – emmy f. > * This place is the greatest…they are devoted to promoting paddling culture, and all three staff I have spoken with were helpful and informative in every way. They have a great selection of gear in the shop… – song s.
At Potomac Paddlesports, the first professional paddlesports school to be endorsed by the American Canoe Association, the team of American Canoe Association– and British Canoe Union–certified instructors patiently lead students through a methodical progression of flat-water paddling skills. The classes cover a variety of watersports, including whitewater rafting, river and sea kayaking, and standup paddling. The small-group classes are designed to keep students engaged, and longer trips down the Potomac challenge their skills with powerful rapids surrounded by lush scenery, interspersed with rare glimpses of bears putting on their bear suits. Outside of class, students can bond with fellow paddlers during weekly sushi meals and occasional movie nights. Further demonstrating their dedication to bodies of water, Potomac Paddlesports works to preserve the nation’s rivers, estuaries, and oceans, sharing this passion with its members through advocacy and donations to conservation programs.
11917 Maple Avenue
Rockville, Maryland 20852Get Directions