Like the ability to throw knives at apples balanced atop human heads, golf skills disappear if you don’t keep working at them. Learn from your mistakes with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$24 golf outing for two (up to a $51 total value)
- Nine-hole round of golf for two (up to a $38 value)
- Two hot dogs (a $5 value)
- Two beers or soft drinks (up to an $8 value)<p>
$46 golf outing for four (up to a $102 total value)
- Nine-hole round of golf for four (up to a $76 value)
- Four hot dogs (a $10 value)
- Four beers or soft drinks (up to a $16 value)<p>
Pottawatomie Golf Course’s rates fluctuate throughout the week.<p>
Pottawatomie Golf Course
Breezes drift east off the Fox River and through the tree lines of Pottawatomie Golf Course, a spectacular layout recognized by Golf World as the No. 15 nine-hole course in America in 2010. The course traces its roots back to 1939, when legendary course architect Robert Trent Jones Sr. capitalized on the area's natural splendor to design a course that originally charged golfers a quarter to play and was best conquered by clubs made from stale baguettes.
Recently, the par 35 course has been the subject of a vigorous renovation, including efforts to reshape greens and preserve native habitats for the deer, foxes, and egrets that populate the grounds. These conservation efforts were rewarded in 1997, when Pottawatomie Golf Course became the first nine-hole course recognized as a fully certified sanctuary by Audubon International.
The course's picturesque conditions are on full display at the par-four third hole, where a curving fairway vanishes into the river and golfers must launch approach shots onto a water-surrounded green. After a day of fore-hollering fun, golfers can peruse the pro shop for the latest gear and clubs to replace irons that ran away to chase dreams of one day growing into a cell-phone tower.
Course at a Glance:
- Designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr.
- Nine-hole, par 35 course
- Length of 3,007 yards from the farthest tees
- Course rating of 34.9 from the farthest tees
- Slope rating of 122 from the farthest tees
- Bent-grass greens, blue-grass fairways