All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed July 21, 2015
· Reviewed February 3, 2018
· Reviewed February 1, 2018
What You'll Get
For thousands of years, humans have studied trees to learn how they too can provide suitable housing for squirrels and grow lemons from their fingertips. Join the pursuit of leafy progress with today’s Groupon for admission to Powell Gardens, located 30 miles east of Kansas City. Choose between the following options:
- For $10, you get two adult admissions and two children’s admissions (up to a $20 value).
- For $7, you get two adult admissions (up to a $14 value).
At Powell Gardens, people stroll through more than 915 acres of windswept meadows while gazing at more than 6,000 types of plants and scoping out seasonal exhibits. The Heartland Harvest Garden, one of the nation’s largest edible landscapes, invites guests to learn of food’s journey from seed to plate with rotating exhibits and the Seed to Plate Greenhouse. Feet shuffle across a 3.25-mile nature trail that winds past frog-filled ponds toward a 12-acre lake, shaded by the leaves of towering osage orange trees. Spot traditional quilt patterns such as Old Missouri, Kansas Star, and Groucho Marx’s mustache elaborately pruned into shrubbery from atop a 45-foot silo before meandering to the Fun Foods Farm, a youth-education garden where children can learn about plant science, water conservation, and nutrition. Starting November 19 the Visitor Education Center conservatory will feature Victorian decor and holiday shopping at Perennial gifts, and beginning January 14 the Feather Your Nest exhibit will showcase interior design ideas as well as bird watching classes and activities.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 31, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Children must be between 5-12, under 5 is free. Valid only for regular daily admission. Not valid for special events. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Powell Gardens
Visiting Powell Gardens, Kansas City's botanical garden, is a serene experience made even more so by the butterflies and birds that call the area home.
- Size: 970 acres of rolling hills, meadows, and display gardens
- Eye Catcher: the giant apple core sculpture at the center of the Harvest Garden, which grows more than 2,000 types of edible plants
- Permanent Mainstays: Approximately 7,000 plants are always on display
- Don't Miss: the observation deck at the top of the Missouri barn's 45-foot silo
- Hands-On Activities: classes in gardening, crafts, and even astronomy
- The Buildings: a barn, a chapel, and several other structures designed by the renowned American architect E. Fay Jones
- Pro Tip: come back often; the flowers in bloom change with the seasons
- Crown Jewel: the glass-domed conservatory, which displays six rotating exhibits each year
- Special Programs: plant sales, puppet performances, cooking demos, seasonal festivals, and wine tastings