Get all of your daily-recommended allotment of Pilates with today’s Groupon: for $45, you’ll get 10 mat classes at Power Pilates, a $180 value. This deal is good at either of Power Pilates’ Manhattan locations in Chelsea and Midtown. With your Groupon, you’ll be paying $4.50 per class—that’s a pair of two-dollar bills and a Kennedy half dollar, perfect for anyone who relies solely on currency dispensed by generous uncles.
Stretch and strengthen your body while relaxing and invigorating your mind with one of the popular forms of exercise in America (walking is actually number one, followed by cow tipping and Pilates). Power Pilates has more than 110 affiliated and participating training centers in the world. On top of all that, every Power Pilates instructor must first go through a rigorous certification process, so you can expect consistent standards and instruction across classes, unlike the experience you’ll get from instructors who play hooky by scrawling the word Pilates on a scarecrow and mount it on an oscillating fan.
To find classes, check the class schedule at your preferred location: Chelsea or Midtown. After you have your Groupon, contact the appropriate gym to reserve a spot for each of your 10 class selections; then show up and begin fusing your body and mind (which is a lot less excruciating than it sounds).
- Several had sampled classes elsewhere, but said they preferred Power Pilates: the quality of instruction was uniformly high, and there was a broad selection of both classes and instructors. – E.J. Ruskin, Thrive, NYC, Power Pilates website
- Not only have I seen results while having fun, I have also come to realize that it is a complete mind/body workout - I'm hooked! – Hilary Swank, Power Pilates website
- From the warm welcomes and helpful staff, I was put in touch with a fantastic instructor who totally helped me understand and feel my workout in the first 30seconds. Hooked from day 1! – MK1983, Citysearch
The Pilates Code
Have you ever noticed, Pilates is an anagram for Split Pea?. If you haven’t, you’re right: it isn’t, but here’s a list of anagrams for things you may find each day at Groupon. Find your own and join the discussion.
- Sporting Events: Voting Serpents
- Paintball Course: Tropical Nebulas
- Restaurant Deal: Tarantula Deers
- Spa Treatment: Rap Testament
- Boat Tour: Boa Tutor
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.